Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies are the ultimate cookie lovers dream come true. The addition of vanilla pudding makes these confections exceptionally tasty and soft. They will quickly become one of your family’s favorite cookies.
If your family is anything like mine than a good batch of cookies can disappear in the blink of any eye. These delectable Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies will vanish faster than you can imagine so you had better put a few aside for yourself. To change the flavors in these scrumptious treats change out the pudding and the chips! Here are few of our favorites!!
- chocolate pudding and chocolate chips
- butterscotch pudding and chocolate chips
- chocolate pudding and peanut butter chips
- vanilla pudding and caramel chips
- chocolate pudding and cherry chips
- lemon pudding and white chocolate chips
- banana pudding and white chocolate chips
The possibilities are endless and only limited by your imagination
How do you make Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies?
First preheat your oven and cover your baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper. Next whisk together your flour, baking soda and salt. Using a stand mixer or hand mixer cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. This is best done on a moderate speed (3-4) for several minutes. Don’t forget to scrape the bowl and beater down to ensure everything is incorporated.
Add the pudding mix and vanilla. Mix to combine and turn the mixer to low. Add the eggs one at a time mixing after each one. Now gradually add the flour mixture scraping down the bowl and beaters as you go. Turn the mixer off and stir in the chocolate chips.
Drop by rounded spoonfuls on to your prepared cookies sheets and bake until lightly browned. Remove to cookies cooling racks. Please see my helpful tips on making Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies perfect.
Helpful tips for making Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies perfect.
- Always preheat and prepare the oven by making sure the rack is placed in the center.
- Use silicone baking mats or parchment paper for even non stick baking.
- Measure flour by spooning in measuring cups and leveling off with a table knife.
- Remove eggs from the fridge about 30 minutes in advance to come to room temperature.
- Soften butter at room temperature for at least one hour…perhaps a little shorter in the heat of the summer. Ideally you should be able to gently press the stick and leave a small indentation in the butter. If it is too soft the cookies may spread too fast and if it is too hard they will not spread enough.
- A good measurement for cookie dough is 1 1/2 tablespoons. I use this size cookie scoop to place my batter on baking sheets.
- Do not crowd the cookie sheet. The cookies need to be far enough apart for heat to get around them and brown them.
- Last but not least and perhaps the most important tip of all. Bake a few cookies off on a test run. If they spread too fast refrigerate the dough for 1-2 hours and test again. If they do not spread enough gently press the rounded spoonfuls of dough down with the palm of your hand and test again.
Other cookies you will love!
- Orange Meringue Cookies
- Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Best Peanut Butter Cookies
- Soft & Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
I hope you enjoy these delectable pudding cookies! This batch is already gone and the family is looking for another one.Print
Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
These delectable soft cookies are a family favorite. Make sure you hide a few for yourself because they won’t last long. For even more variety swap out the pudding and chips for other flavors.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 9
- Total Time: 24 minutes
- Yield: 36 1x
- Category: cookie
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (3.4 ounce) box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 12 ounces semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cover your baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper.
- Whisk together your flour, baking soda and salt. Using a stand mixer or hand mixer cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy; scraping the bowl and beaters. Add the pudding mix and vanilla. Mix to combine and turn the mixer to low. Add the eggs one at a time mixing after each one. Add the flour mixture; scraping down the bowl and beaters several times. Turn the mixer off and stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls on to prepared cookies sheets. Bake for 8-9 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool for 5 minutes and remove to cookie cooling racks.
Keywords: chocolate chip cookies, pudding cookies, cookies, Christmas cookies, chocolate chip cookies with pudding, chocolate chip cookies with vanilla pudding, chocolate chip cookie recipe with pudding, chocolate chip chip cookie recipe with vanilla pudding