These delectable Chocolate Dipped Frozen Bananas are dipped in rich chocolate and sprinkled with nuts, oats, graham crackers and sprinkles. The end result is a scrumptious cool summer treat for movie night, game night, a pool party or just because the kids or grand-kids have finished their chores.
Summer is here and frozen treats have never been more popular. These easy bananas are always a hit at my house. The teenagers are all over these goodies. I mean honestly who wouldn’t love a frozen banana dipped in chocolate and covered with your favorite topping. These delicious treats can be made up to a day in advance and stored in the freezer.
My husband and daughter just love bananas. This recipe, Homemade Banana Pudding, Easy Banana Cake Recipe and Easy Banana Bread Recipe are some of their favorite recipes. Come to think of it I like bananas a lot too!
How to make Frozen Bananas dipped in chocolate?
Start by peeling and splitting your bananas in half. Next insert a popsicle stick into each half and place them on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Then freeze for 20-25 minutes. Add chocolate and canola oil to microwave safe bowl or Pyrex measuring cup. Now melt the chocolate in the microwave following the package instructions.
Next dip the frozen bananas in the melted chocolate turning to coat. Then sprinkle with assorted goodies. Finally place on a fresh piece of parchment paper for about 30 minutes to set.
Helpful recipe tips:
- For small to medium bananas purchase the smaller popsicle sticks and for large bananas purchase the large popsicle sticks.
- Bananas on the smaller side work better as they are easier to coat and the smaller popsicle sticks are easier to insert without breaking through the side of the banana.
- If possible melt the chocolate in a large pyrex measuring cup. It is so easy to tilt and thoroughly coat the bananas with chocolate.
- Have everything ready to go as this recipe moves quickly and the chocolate tries to set up fast.
- If not serving promptly store in an airtight container in the freezer.
- Use good quality chocolate like Ghirardelli or Guittard.
- This recipe can be made up to a day in advance. Store the bananas in an airtight container in the freezer.
- Have fun making them and don’t get too wrapped up in perfection.
Topping ideas for Frozen Bananas
- Chopped pecans
- Assorted sprinkles
- Chopped peanuts
- Crushed graham crackers
- Rolled oats
- Chopped walnuts
- Chopped candy pieces
- Mini white chocolate chips
- Crushed cereal
Chocolate Dipped Frozen Bananas
Chocolate covered Frozen Bananas are the perfect summer cool down treat. Customize to suit your taste buds with nuts, sprinkles, oats or crushed graham crackers.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Total Time: 12 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: dessert
- Method: microwave
- Cuisine: American
- 3 small to medium bananas
- 6 small wooden sticks (popsicle sticks)
- 12 ounces semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- sprinkles, oats, chopped nuts and crushed graham crackers (see notes)
- Peel and cut each banana in half. Insert popsicle stick until sturdy being careful not break through the outside. Place on parchment covered baking sheet and freeze for 20 minutes.
- Add chocolate and canola oil to microwave safe bowl or Pyrex measuring cup. Melt chocolate according to package instructions. Carefully dip the frozen bananas in the melted chocolate turning to coat. If needed use a ladle to spoon the melted chocolate over the banana. Sprinkle with your choice of toppings. Place on fresh covered baking sheet covered with fresh parchment paper. Allow the bananas to set for 20 minutes before serving. Store the bananas in an airtight container in the freezer.
- You will only need small amounts of toppings. Look in your pantry before shopping and see what you have.
Keywords: frozen chocolate covered bananas, frozen chocolate banana, frozen banana dessert