This fabulous lightly seasoned Crispy Parmesan Roasted Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts combines both red and purple potatoes with Brussels sprouts and Parmesan. The result is flavorful oven roasted vegetables with a crisp Parmesan crunch.
This is the time of year for all kinds of wonderful roasted vegetables. Cooler weather brings in the best that Brussels Sprouts have to offer. Brussels Sprouts look like baby cabbages (and they kind of taste like them) not because they are baby cabbages, but because they’re part of the same family. With cabbages, we eat the head that grows out of the ground and with Brussels Sprouts we eat the buds that grow along the length of the thick stalk. These little treasures can be quite tasty when prepared properly. These Crispy Parmesan Roasted Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts are the cats meow.
Have you ever tried purple potatoes? “The rule of thumb with fruits and vegetables is that the deeper and richer the color, the more nutritious the content tends to be.” You can read all about purple potatoes at Daily Health Post Surprising Health Benefits of Purple Potatoes.
How do you make Parmesan Roasted Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts?
Start by spraying a baking sheet with non-stick spray or olive oil and set aside. Next combine the Brussels Sprouts, red potatoes, purple potatoes and olive oil in a large Ziploc bag and shake to coat. Add the Parmesan cheese, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper to the bag and shake well to coat. Finally spread in an even layer on the baking sheet and bake for about 20 minutes. Flip the vegetables a little more than halfway through the baking process. Turn on the broiler the last one to two minutes of cooking to lightly brown the Brussels Sprouts and potatoes. This recipe is best served promptly.
Helpful tips for making Parmesan Roasted Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts
- Spray your baking sheet well with nonstick cooking spray or coat with olive oil.
- Use freshly shredded good quality Parmesan Cheese. It has so much more flavor than the stuff you buy in the canister. Don’t worry you will thank me later.
- If you can not find purple potatoes just substitute gold or more red potatoes.
- Mix everything up in large zipper storage bag. It makes clean up a breeze and actually coats everything better than in a bowl.
- Turn on the broiler the last 1-2 minutes of roasting but stay close by and peek because I have found broilers very unpredictable especially in older ovens.
The leftovers are great reheated in a skillet and my hubby loves them with eggs over easy. I have also added the leftovers to browned Kielbasa sausage and onions! Oh my! I have managed to make myself hungry yet again. Dang it!
Other vegetables you will love!
- Cauliflower Au Gratin
- Southern Green Beans
- Cheesy Broccoli Rice Casserole
- Creamy Garlic Mushrooms Recipe
- Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
This post was originally published September 11, 2017 and was republished October 16, 2019 with new content.Print
Parmesan Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts
A family friendly easy shake and bake recipe with fresh brussels sprouts, red and purple potatoes and fresh Parmesan cheese.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: vegetable
- Method: roast
- Cuisine: American
- 1 lb Brussels Sprouts trimmed and halved
- 3/4 lb small red potatoes quartered
- 3/4 lb small purple potatoes quartered
- 3–4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups freshly shredded Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a baking sheet with non-stick spray or olive oil and set aside.
- Combine Brussels Sprouts, red potatoes, purple potatoes and olive oil in a large Ziploc bag and shake to coat. Add the Parmesan cheese, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper to the bag and shake to coat.
- Spread in an even layer on the baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes; flipping after 12-13 minutes. Turn on the broiler the last 1-2 minutes of cooking to lightly brown the Brussels Sprouts and potatoes. Serve immediately.
If you can not find purple potatoes you can substitute gold or more red.
Store leftovers in fridge.
Keywords: roasted vegetables, roasted potatoes, roasted brussels sprouts. roasted potatoes and brussel sprouts, oven roasted potatoes and brussel sprouts, roasted potatoes and brussels sprouts recipe, recipe for roasted potatoes and brussel sprouts, roasted brussel sprouts and potatoes recipe