Well the Christmas holidays are almost upon us and I still have so much to do. I am so behind this year. I have not purchased one single gift yet. The kids came down with a virus a couple of weeks ago and my son is still fighting it. He was home with me all day and when I called the school to let them know they told me that almost half of his class was out sick. I sure hope we can beat this before the holidays come rolling in here. Are you prepared or are you chasing your tail like me? We do not even have the Christmas ornaments on the tree. We needed a new tree this year because of light outages last year. We have an artificial tree because of the children’s allergies. We found a beautiful one and we love it. It is up and the colors are magnificent but we do not have one single ornament on it yet.
If you are chasing your tail and wondering how in world you are ever to going to catch up then you must put these easy Honey Mustard Asparagus Bacon Bundles on your menu. They would be perfect for your big Christmas dinner or even for your Saturday evening grilled steak and baked potatoes. I am a huge asparagus fan! HUGE! Don’t worry if you could just take it or leave it. As my hubby says that is the best way to eat asparagus…..yummy!
Honey Mustard Asparagus Bacon Bundles brings fresh asparagus, crispy bacon and a quick homemade mustard vinaigrette together in perfect harmony. When you make the mustard vinaigrette split it and put half of it in a separate bowl to serve with the bundles. Use the other half for basting.
Have you tried any of my other asparagus recipes? One Skillet Asparagus Stuffed Parmesan Chicken, Cheesy Pepper Asparagus Breakfast Casserole and Bacon Asparagus Cajun Pasta are just a few family and friend favorites.
This easy recipe preps in about ten minutes and cooks in less than fifteen minutes. You can make the vinaigrette ahead of time and store in the fridge in an airtight container. These delicious Honey Mustard Asparagus Bacon Bundles make the perfect side for any meal.
Honey Mustard Asparagus Bacon Bundles
- 1 1/4 lb asparagus
- 4 thick slices bacon
- 1 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoons honey
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Wash and trim asparagus; removing the tough lower portion of the stem. (You will need to split out the asparagus into four equal bundles). Wrap one slice of bacon around 5-6 spears of asparagus and place on baking sheet.
- In small bowl combine red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, honey, garlic, chives and pepper. Whisk in olive oil. Pour half of the mustard vinaigrette into a separate bowl and set aside. Take remaining vinaigrette and using basting brush baste asparagus bundles; reserving half of it for halfway through the cooking process. Place cookie sheet in oven and bake for 5-7 minutes. Flip bundles, baste and cook for 5 minutes turning on the broiler to brown the bacon the last 1-2 minutes of cooking. Stay close by as I have always found broilers unpredictable.
- Serve remaining honey mustard vinaigrette with asparagus bacon bundles.
Other bacon recipes you will love!