Delicious Roasted Cauliflower is made easy with olive oil, Parmesan cheese and a handful of spices that you may already have in your pantry. This is one of our favorite healthy ways to eat cauliflower and it is the perfect side dish for roasted chicken, Fried Fish, and Braised Beef.
Cauliflower is one of our favorite vegetables. It is just so delicious and incredibly versatile. This particular cauliflower recipe is one we serve often. It comes together so quickly and is heart healthy with olive oil, herbs and spices. Do you enjoy eating cauliflower? Have you tried any of my other cauliflower recipes? This one, Cauliflower Au Gratin, Loaded Cauliflower Casserole and Buffalo Cauliflower are just a few of our favorites.
How to make Roasted Cauliflower
This recipe could not be any easier. Start by washing and cutting your cauliflower off the stem into uniform pieces. Dry very thoroughly with paper towels. Now in a large bowl whisk together the olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, oregano, dried thyme, basil, and marjoram. Next add the dried cauliflower pieces and stir gently to coat.
Then place on a parchment covered baking sheet. Roast in the oven for about 15-20 minutes then remove from the oven and sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan Cheese. Finally return the cauliflower to the oven and roast for another 5-7 minutes.
Recipe tips and notes for Roasted Cauliflower
- This recipe is for one small to medium head of cauliflower. Some of the heads that we get at the market in town are the size of small countries so you may need to double the oil and spices.
- Separate the cauliflower into uniform large bite size pieces so it cooks evenly. Keep in mind that it will shrink up a bit.
- I like to use parchment paper on the baking sheet as really helps evenly brown it and keep it from sticking to the pan. Likewise you can grease the baking sheet or cover with aluminum foil.
- The amount of roasting time varies with the size of the bites you have cut. It is done when the cauliflower is tender and lightly browned.
- Season with more salt and pepper to taste when done roasting.
How to separate cauliflower
- Turn the cauliflower stem side up and remove large leaves from the base.
- Using a sharp knife cut around the stem of the cauliflower. The florets will drop from the stem.
- Break the cauliflower into large florets using your hands.
- Cut away any large or long stems.
- Using a sharp knife cut any large florets into bite size pieces or separate using your fingers.
A heart healthy easy roasted cauliflower side dish made with wholesome ingredients like olive oil, Parmesan cheese, dried herbs and spices.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: side vegetable
- Method: roast
- Cuisine: American
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon marjoram
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cover baking sheet with parchment paper or grease well.
- Wash and cut cauliflower off the stem into uniform pieces. Dry very thoroughly with paper towels.
- In a large bowl whisk together the olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, oregano, thyme, basil, and marjoram. Add the cut dried cauliflower pieces and stir gently to coat.
- Place on prepared baking sheet. Roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese. Return the cauliflower to the oven and roast for another 5-7 minutes.
Keywords: how to roast cauliflower, oven roasted cauliflower. best roasted cauliflower