These super easy tasty Cranberry Meatballs come together with just six ingredients and less than five minutes prep time. They are the perfect party appetizer for your holiday events and entertaining. I love to serve them with Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers and Pepper Jack Almond and Pecan Mini Cheese Balls.
The weather is changing and the holidays are quickly approaching. This is the time of year to catch up with friends and do some entertaining. It is can also be a very hectic time of the year so having several quick, easy and delicious appetizer recipes is a must. These cranberry meatballs are pretty much a dump and go recipe. The crockpot takes care of the rest. The recipe is short on ingredients and prep time yet full of fabulous flavor. This is one of my go to recipes during the hectic hustle and bustle of the season.
How do you make Crockpot Cranberry Meatballs?
Like I said this is pretty much a dump and go recipe. At our house we call this easy peezy! Simply add the canned jellied cranberry sauce, chili sauce, sambal oelek (ground fresh chili paste) and brown sugar to a crockpot. Cook on high for about an hour letting the cranberry sauce melt and blend in with the other ingredients.
Now stir the sauce and add your frozen meatballs. Continue cooking on high for 2 1/2 hours or low for 4 hours. If desired garnish with thin slices of green onions for just a little pop of color.
Helpful tips or making Cranberry Meatballs
- If you do not have a slow cooker you can do this on the stove top over very low heat stirring often so nothing burns to the bottom of the pan. You could also do it in the stove in a baking dish or Dutch Oven.
- Jellied cranberry sauce usually starts appearing in the grocery stores in early October and is available through the holidays. You can purchase it year round on Amazon.
- Sambal oelek is in the Asian food section of your local grocery store and adds just a bit of kick to this recipe. It really is a light kick but if you have a sensitive palate than substitute with a little bit of barbecue sauce or even orange juice.
- I use frozen turkey/pork meatballs for this recipe but any combination of beef, turkey or pork will work just fine. If time permits homemade meatballs are delicious as well.
- Once the meatballs have cooked turn your crock to warm just to keep the sauce from getting too thick.
- For ease in entertaining serve straight from the crock with little cocktail plates and fancy toothpicks.
More easy appetizer recipes you will love!
- Jalapeno Popper Cheese Ball Recipe
- Dill Dip Recipe
- Mini Bacon Cheeseburger Bites
- Cheesy Crockpot Sausage Rotel Dip
Crockpot Cranberry Meatballs
This dump and go meatball recipe is flavor packed with just a hint of kick with cranberry sauce, chili sauce and sambal oelek. It takes less than five minutes of hands on time and is a favorite around the holidays.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 210 minutes
- Total Time: 3 hours 35 minutes
- Yield: 12 servings 1x
- Category: appetizer
- Method: crockpot
- Cuisine: American
- 1 (14 ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) jar chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons sambal oelek
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 lbs frozen precooked meatballs (any combination of beef, turkey or pork)
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- Add jellied cranberry sauce, chili sauce, sambal oelek and brown sugar to crockpot. Cook on high for 1 hour letting the cranberry sauce melt.
- Stir the sauce. Add frozen meatballs. Continue cooking on high for 2 1/2 hours or low for 4 hours. Garnish with thin slices of green onions.
Keywords: meatball appetizer, party meatballs, meatballs, cranberry meatballs, cranberry sauce meatballs, cranberry meatballs recipe, cranberry chili sauce meatballs, meatballs with cranberry sauce and chili sauce