Dill Dip Recipe is the perfect dip for all your summer entertaining. You can serve it with fresh cucumbers, red bell peppers, celery, carrots, cherry tomatoes or fresh rye bread. It is quick to come together and is always a guest favorite. I love to serve it at my parties with Beef Tenderloin Rumaki and Southern Pimento Cheese.
Are you entertaining this summer? Hubby and I are talking about having some friends over in the next few weeks. I just love to catch up with family and friends over the summer. You can open up the patio and really catch up on all the scoop. Of course every shindig needs lots of great things to eat and drink. This Dill Dip Recipe is perfect for all those summer get-togethers. You can serve it with fresh veggies and/or chunks of fresh rye bread. Each are equally delicious and so simple why not offer both. You can even hallow out a large loaf of rye bread and fill the cavity with dill dip. Use the bread you cut out to cut into chunks for dipping. How yummy!
How do you make Dill Dip?
First thing in a medium bowl mix together chopped onion, garlic, mayo, sour cream, seasoned salt and dill. Next Chill for 2 hours to overnight. Finally serve with assorted veggies like carrot sticks, celery sticks, grape and cherry tomatoes, radishes, bell pepper wedges and/or rye bread chunks.
For a change of pace hallow out a small loaf of round rye bread reserving the bread to cut into cubes. Depending on the size of the loaf double or triple the recipe. Serve with the bread cubes and assorted fresh vegetables.
Helpful tips for making Dill Dip
- Use fresh dill if at all possible. It really is worth the extra expense.
- Present an array of vegetables and bread as it makes such a pretty presentation.
- This dip is best if allowed to chill for several hours up to overnight.
- For even more fun hallow out a small loaf of round rye bread, fill it with dip and using the bread that you removed for dipping.
I hope you have a wonderful time with all your spring and summer activities. Be sure to leave room on your table for this amazing Dill Dip Recipe. It will most certainly be a hit.
More appetizers recipes you will love!
- Fried Baby Dill Pickles
- Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Jalapeno Popper Wonton Cups
- Crab Cream Cheese Wontons
This post was originally published May 2, 2018 and was republished March 17, 2020 with new content.Print
This delicious easy six ingredient mouthwatering dill dip is made in less than five minutes and is always a huge hit at potlucks, family gatherings, and shindigs.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes plus chill time
- Yield: 16 servings 1x
- Category: appetizer
- Method: no bake
- Cuisine: American
- 2–3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup mayo
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt (see notes)
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped dill (or 1 1/2 tablespoons dried dill)
- Assorted veggies (see notes)
- Rye bread chunks
- In medium bowl mix together chopped onion, garlic, mayo, sour cream, seasoned salt and dill. Chill for 2 hours to overnight.
- Serve with assorted veggies and/or rye bread chunks.
- Serve with celery sticks, carrot sticks, grape or cherry tomatoes, sliced cucumbers and with both red and green bell peppers.
- If filling a hallowed out loaf of rye bread you may need to double or triple the recipe depending on the size of the bread.
Keywords: dill dip, dill dip for vegetables, dip, fresh dill dip recipe, dill veggie dip, homemade dill dip, how to make dill dip, sour cream dill dip, dill dip bread bowl