These Mini Bacon Cheeseburger Bites are perfect for your next game day party, neighborhood soiree or kid sleepover!! They are so easy and absolutely delectable. I love to serve them for movie night with Bacon Wrapped Pineapple and Beer Battered Onion Rings with Dipping Sauce.
You can make a small batch or a huge batch for a crowd. This fun recipe takes full advantage of crispy crown potatoes which can be found in the freezer section of your local grocery store. Not all grocery stores carry them so you may need to call around first. A crispy crown is like a short tater tot!! Trust me! It is almost the exact same thing just different shape.
How do you make Mini Bacon Cheeseburger Bites?
First arrange your crispy crowns in a single layer on a baking sheet. Next place the crispy crowns in the oven and cook while you shape the burger patties. Then shape the beef into little one inch round patties that are fairly flat so they cook all the way through. Now place those in a single layer on a cookie sheet and place them in the oven on the rack below the crispy crowns.
The crispy crowns will take about twenty minutes and the burgers will take about ten minutes. Now cut your cheese slices and bacon into ninths. Finally place the cheese and the bacon on the stacks and place back in the hot oven for a couple of minutes to melt the cheese.
More options for Mini Bacon Cheeseburger Bites
- Top the stack with another crispy crown.
- Use long fancy toothpick or bamboo picks to secure these for easy eating.
- Cut mini dill pickles into thin round slices and add to the stacks.
- Use different types of cheese like pepper jack, Swiss, cheddar, Muenster, Monterey Jack or bleu cheese.
- Slice grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes in thin round slices and top the stacks.
- Make them double cheese burgers and add another burger patty, cheese and bacon. Secure with extra long toothpick.
Other appetizer recipes you will love!
- Crab Rangoon
- Barbecue Bacon Cheeseburger Dip
- Hot Bacon Cheddar Chive Dip
- Jalapeno Popper Pinwheel Recipe
- The Best Dry Rub Smoked Wings Recipe
This post was originally published January 22, 2017 and was republished January 13, 2020 with new content.Print
Mini Bacon Cheeseburger Bites
These easy and quick mini cheeseburgers appetizers are prepared with ready made frozen crispy crown potatoes. For more variety customize and secure with long bamboo picks. They are perfect for game day, movie night and kid sleepovers.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 27 mini burger stacks 1x
- Category: appetizer
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
- 27 crispy crown potatoes (found in the freezer section)
- 3/4 lb lean ground beef
- 2 pinches salt
- 2 pinches fresh ground pepper
- 2 pinches onion powder
- 3 slices yellow American cheese
- 3 slices crispy cooked bacon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Arrange crispy crowns in single layer on baking sheet. Bake 20 minutes turning halfway through.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl mix ground beef, salt, pepper and onion powder. Shape into little patties about 1 inch round and relatively flat. Place in single layer on separate baking sheet. Place in oven and bake 10 minutes flipping halfway through.
- Divide each cheese and bacon slice into ninths. On baking sheet top each crispy crown with a burger, cheese slice and bacon. Place back in oven until the cheese is melted; approximately 2-3 minutes.
You can bake both the crispy crowns and burgers in the same oven simultaneously just on different baking sheets.
Keywords: bacon burger bites, mini cheeseburgers, mini beef burgers, mini cheeseburger bites, cheeseburger minis, mini cheeseburger, mini cheeseburger recipe