These five ingredient Baked Pears are an incredibly easy light wholesome dessert that the whole family can enjoy. This scrumptious fresh fruit dessert can be in the oven in less than five minutes. You can enjoy them a la mode, with plain or vanilla Greek yogurt or just like they are. I actually prefer them just like they are when they come out of the oven.
If you have never indulged in a baked pear you really must treat yourself. You will be pleasantly pleased at how incredibly delicious and easy they are. With just five minutes prep time this delicious recipe for six can easily be double or tripled for a small dinner party. Prepare to wow your guests!
How do you make Baked Pears?
First and foremost you want pears that are not over-ripe nor under-ripe. To test if a pear is ripe apply gentle pressure near the stem. It it yields slightly to pressure it is ripe. Slice the pears in half and using a melon baller scoop out the core being careful not to go all the way through.
Now combine granola and chopped pecans in a bowl. Divide evenly between the pears spooning into the hole you hallowed out. Sprinkle the pears with cinnamon and drizzle with maple syrup. Bake for 25 minutes uncovered on a baking sheet.
Helpful tips for baking pears
- As far as baking, Anjou and Bosc pears are the best as they hold their shape and texture best.
- Pears are at their optimum for baking at the same time that they are at their optimum for eating.
- Real maple syrup tastes best in this recipe. It is more expensive than the artificial stuff but worth every penny.
- You can substitute walnuts for the pecans.
- This recipe is best served promptly however they are good up to 4-5 days if covered and stored in the refrigerator.
- Serve a la mode with a small scoop of French Vanilla Ice Cream or a spoonful of plain or vanilla Greek yogurt.
These fresh fruit dessert is easy, dependable and oh so yummy. Grab the ingredients at the grocery store this week and make yourself a wholesome scrumptious treat.
More fruit desserts you will love!!
- Apple Brown Betty
- Cherry Pie Bars
- Blueberry Cheesecakes in Mason Jars
- Lip Smacking Good Blackberry Crisp
- Mixed Berry Ricotta Parfait Recipe
Easy Baked Pears
A family friendly light wholesome dessert that can be prepped and in the oven in less than five minutes. If you have never indulged in a baked pear than this is a must try!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6 pear halves 1x
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: Southern
- 3 pears (Anjou or Bosc)
- 1/2 cup granola
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 2–3 pinches cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice the pears in half and using a melon baller scoop out the core being careful not to go all the way through to the bottom.
- Combine granola and chopped pecans in a bowl. Divide evenly between the pears spooning into the hole you hallowed out. Sprinkle the pears with cinnamon and drizzle with maple syrup. Bake for 25 minutes uncovered on a baking sheet.
Pears are best served promptly while they are warm and the toppings are crunchy.
Keywords: baked pears, baked pear recipe, baked pears recipe, best pears for baking, baked pear dessert, how bake pears, baked pears with honey, healthy baked pears, baked fruit dessert