Raspberry ice cream is a no churn creamy treat loaded with fresh sun ripened raspberries. This family favorite is easily prepared with six ingredients and tastes so much better than the ice cream shops. No churn ice cream is perfect for busy families on the go.
Ice cream season is here. Feels like we went from winter to summer in just a couple of weeks. We have already managed to set a couple record highs. This No Churn Raspberry Ice Cream is marvelous and perfect for the season. If you have never made no churn ice cream I must tell you it really is so very simple. It takes just a little bit of time and effort to make this luscious cream treat and it tastes like you spent hours.
Are you ready for ice cream season? I am so ready! Summer brings such fun and is one of our favorite seasons as a family. We love to swim, boat and shoot a few hoops. This scrumptious Raspberry Ice Cream will hit the spot just right after a hot day in the sun. Put it on your to try list today and prepare to have your taste buds wowed.
How do you make no churn Raspberry Ice Cream?
Start by adding some raspberries and sugar to a small saucepan over low heat. Cook until the raspberries begin to soften and pop. Then remove the saucepan from the heat and let the mixture cool for about one hour.
Next whisk together the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and salt. Go ahead and set it aside for a few minutes. Now using a mixer beat the whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Then take one cup of the whipping cream and fold it into the sweetened condensed milk mixture. Then reverse it and fold that mixture into the remaining whipped cream.
Now pour one third of the mixture into a loaf pan and spoon one third of the raspberry mixture over the top. Swirl in the raspberries with the end of a chopstick or the handle of a wooden spoon. Repeat this step two more times to finish filling the loaf pan. Finally cover and freeze.
Other flavor variations for this Raspberry Ice Cream
- Mixed Berry – use raspberries, strawberries, blueberries and blackberries
- Raspberry Lemon – add 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice and 2 tablespoons fresh lemon zest to the raspberries after cooking
- Raspberry Almond Chocolate Chip – fold 1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds and 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips into the final whipped cream mixture.
- Cinnamon Peach Raspberry – add equal amounts of chopped peaches and raspberries plus one 1 teaspoon cinnamon mixed in with the sugar in the saucepan
More ice cream recipes you will love!
- Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- Chunky Monkey Ice Cream Whoopie Pies
- Banana Split Ice Cream Pie
- Chocolate Ice Cream
- Vanilla Ice Cream
This post was originally published May 16, 2018 and was republished April 14, 2020 with new content.Print
Raspberry Ice Cream
A family friendly simple six ingredient no churn creamy raspberry ice cream.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 12 servings (6 cups) 1x
- Category: dessert
- Method: no bake
- Cuisine: American
- 2 1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 can (14 ounce) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 cups whipping cream
- In small saucepan over low heat combine raspberries and sugar. Cook until raspberries pop and begin to soften; approximately 5 minutes. Place in refrigerator and cool for 1 hour.
- Whisk together sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and salt.
- Beat whipping cream in mixer until stiff peaks form. Fold one cup whipping cream into sweetened condensed milk mixture. Now take that mixture and fold it into the rest of the whipping cream.
- Pour one third of the whipping cream/condensed milk mixture in 9 x 5 inch loaf pan. Spoon 1/3 of the raspberries over the top and swirl in with chopstick or end of wooden spoon. Pour another third of the whipped cream mixture in the 9 x 5 inch loaf pan. Spoon another 1/3 of the raspberries over the top and swirl in with chopstick or end of wooden spoon. Repeat one more time.
- Cover pan with plastic wrap and place in freezer 4-5 hours.
Keywords: ice cream, no churn ice cream, raspberry dessert, ice cream made with sweetened condensed milk