Easy Jambalaya Pasta combines Andouille sausage, shrimp, peppers, celery, onions and garlic in a Cajun tomato sauce over pasta. This mouthwatering dish comes together very quickly and easily.
Hubby and I just love Cajun food. I mean really what is not to love about it. So it was no surprise that this Easy Jambalaya Pasta was on the menu last evening. I had to put some of it up before the entire skillet was devoured. The kids were busy last evening so it was just the two of us. Cajun food just has so much incredible flavor. The nice part about this delicious Easy Jambalaya Pasta is that you can control the heat. I know some of my readers are like my grandma and they just want a tad of spice and others just want to Slap Ya Mama meaning they want to turn the heat way up. Whatever your preference it is easy to adjust the heat. This recipe makes wonderful leftovers. It is one of those dishes that tastes even better the next day as the flavors meld together like spaghetti and chili.
Are you Cajun lovers like ourselves? If you are you may want to check out these other Cajun goodies! Some of these recipes are mine and some are from my phenomenal blogging friends!
- Easy Chicken Gumbo Soup
- Cajun Potato Salad
- Bacon Asparagus Cajun Pasta
- Shrimp Poor Boy Sliders
- Cajun Bean Turkey Soup
- Crawfish Cheese Bread
A couple of quick pointers to make this recipe go even faster.
- Cut your veggies ahead of time
- Cook your pasta while you are preparing the rest of the recipe
- Mix your Cajun seasoning ahead of time or purchase already premixed Cajun seasoning
This flavor packed Easy Jambalaya Pasta will make a Cajun lover out of you. Put the ingredients for this amazing dinner and give your taste buds a terrific treat.
Easy Jambalaya Pasta
- 8 ounces fettuccine pasta
- 2 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- 12 ounces Andouille Sausage cut in bite size chunks
- 1/2 lb uncooked shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 red pepper seeded and diced
- 1 green pepper seeded and diced
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 can (15 ounce) tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 – 3 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain well.
- In large skillet heat 1 tablespoon canola oil over medium high heat. Add sausage and cook until golden brown: stirring several times Remove to plate. Add shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the shrimp is opaque. Remove to plate.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil to same skillet. Add onion, peppers and celery and cook until the onions start to soften; approximately 5-7 minutes. Reduce heat to low and add garlic and cook an additional minute. Add tomato sauce to skillet and season to taste with Cajun seasoning. Return sausage and shrimp to skillet. Add pasta and stir to combine.
Other shrimp recipes you will love!!