Are you tired of the same old chili routine…the red kidney beans, hamburger, tomato sauce and chili pepper? If so you need to try this one on for size. This one is a bit of a twist on the old standby. This White Chicken Chili combines chicken, green pepper, oregano, cumin, salsa verde, cannellini beans and corn in a chicken broth based chili. I think it is ten times better than traditional chili.
It is real simple to make and as easy as any other chili. It is all made in the same big pot. Add any goodies that you like but this White Chicken Chili really doesn’t need a thing. I love cheese as much as the next person but adding cheese to this just masks all the wonderful flavors.
This is a stove top recipe however it could easily be modified to do in a crock pot. Do step one in a skillet and then add to the crock pot. Cook 4-6 hours on low and add the cornstarch mixture the last 1/2 hour and turn it up to high. Happy cooking my food loving friends. I hope you enjoy this wonderful White Chicken Chili!!
White Chicken Chili
- 2 tablespoon of oil oil
- 1 1/4 lbs chicken cut in bite size pieces
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1/2 green pepper finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cans mild Rotel tomatoes (10 ounce)
- 1/2 cup salsa verde
- 1 can corn drained (15.25 ounce)
- 2 cans cannellini beans drained and rinsed (15.5 ounce)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Add olive oil to large stockpot over medium. Add chicken and cook for 3 minutes. Add onion and pepper and cook for 2 minutes. Lower heat; add garlic, cumin, oregano and onion powder and cook for 1 minute.
- Add chicken broth, Rotel tomatoes, salsa verde, corn and cannellini beans. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Mix cornstarch and water. Stir into soup. Simmer for 15 minutes; stirring a few times.
Other delectable recipes you will love!!
Chicken & Dumpling Souphttps://www.smalltownwoman.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Beth-1.pdf