We are having a great winter. For the most party it has been pretty mild. We have had a little ice but it was not anything that we could not handle. Hubby and I have been able to continue walking most of the winter which is terrific because somewhere along the line we developed a loathing to our elliptical. These walks we go on have become quite the adventure story. We call ourselves Mr. & Mrs Kravitz! Do you remember the nosy Gladys Kravitz from the television series Bewitched? Now put a little crazy wild run away with it imagination on Mrs Kravitz and you have us. I will get into a few more posts down the line as I have to figure out a way to tell you about our wild half cocked stories while protecting my neighbors! LOL We may even have some kind of give away for the person that can answer the Mrs. Kravitz quiz.
Well after the walk yesterday I decided that we had so much exercise that I would whip up a delectable savory loaf of beer bread. Have you ever tried beer bread? It is so divine. It is just simply amazing and so darn easy. There isn’t any yeast involved and the bread is always so moist. Bacon Jalapeno Cheddar Beer Bread has pieces of crispy smoked bacon, flavorful mildly spicy jalapenos, and a generous portion of sharp cheddar all wrapped up in a moist loaf that is really hard to stop eating!
This tasty Bacon Jalapeno Cheddar Beer Bread can be whipped up in no time at all. Prep time on it is only about 15 minutes. This bread is wonderful for breakfast sandwiches, burgers and leftover meatloaf. It is a little piece of heaven. Leftovers should be stored in the refrigerator. Slice off what you want and heat in the microwave for about 20 seconds at 60% power. Tastes just like it did when you took out of the oven.
Do not be intimidated by the jalapeno peppers. They are perfect in this loaf and complement all the other flavors perfectly. If you like the heat add a couple more tablespoons! Put this treat and on the list for this coming week! You will not be disappointed. I prepared our egg over easy sandwiches on it this morning and they were so scrumptious!
Bacon Jalapeno Cheddar Beer Bread
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 slices crispy cooked bacon coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons jalapeno pepper finely minced
- 2 1/4 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 beer (12 ounce)
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- In large bowl mix flour, baking powder, salt, garlic powder, cumin, sugar, bacon, jalapeno pepper and cheddar cheese. Pour beer over mixture and mix just until combined. Do not over mix. Spoon into loaf pan. Pour melted butter over bread.
- Bake for 60 minutes turning broiler on the last minute of cooking just to lightly brown the top. Broilers can be unpredictable so stay close by.
Other recipes you will love!!