This easy Beer Bread recipe has pieces of crispy smoked bacon, flavorful mildly spicy jalapenos, and a generous portion of sharp cheddar all wrapped up in a moist loaf that is really hard to stop eating! This no yeast loaf comes together quickly using most any non light beer. It freezes well so make an extra loaf to enjoy in a couple of weeks.
Well after the walk yesterday I decided that we had so much exercise that I would whip up a delectable savory loaf of beer bread. Have you ever tried beer bread? It is so divine. It is just simply amazing and so darn easy. There isn’t any yeast involved and the bread is always so moist. Bacon Jalapeno Cheddar beer bread is a flavor packed loaf that is perfect for chili, sandwiches, soup or just by itself.
How do you make Beer Bread with Cheddar, Bacon and Jalapenos?
In a large bowl mix together flour, baking powder, salt, garlic powder, cumin, sugar, bacon, jalapeno pepper and cheddar cheese. Pour the beer over the mixture and mix just until combined. Do not over mix the dough as you do not want it to get tough. Spoon the dough into the loaf pan. Pour melted butter over bread. Bake for for about almost one hour or until lightly browned on the top and set. Remove from the pan and allow to cool for at least twenty minutes before cutting into the loaf.
What beer is best for beer bread?
I have used all kinds of non light beers with great success. Stay away from the flavored micro brews unless they complement the flavor of the bread. A pumpkin ale or peach IPA is not going to go well with the other flavors in this bread. However a maple bacon porter might be excellent.
Tips for making Beer Bread
- Use excellent quality bacon and cheddar.
- Look for younger jalapeno peppers that are smooth and green all over with no striations or blemishes. These young green peppers are less stressed and more mild.
- Use any non light beer. Stay away from the flavored micro brews unless the flavor complements the bread.
- Do not over mix the dough.
- The bread loaf is done when set and lightly browned. You can use the toothpick test on this bread but it may come out with a little cheese on it and still be done.
- Remove the cooked bread from the pan as soon as possible and let it cool for at least twenty minutes.
Do not be intimidated by the jalapeno peppers. They are perfect in this loaf and complement all the other flavors perfectly. If you like the heat add a couple more tablespoons! Put this treat and on the list for this coming week! You will not be disappointed. I prepared eggs over easy sandwiches on it this morning and they were so scrumptious!
This tasty Bacon Jalapeno Cheddar Beer Bread can be whipped up in no time at all. Prep time on it is only about 15 minutes. This bread is wonderful for breakfast sandwiches, burgers and leftover meatloaf. It is a little piece of heaven. Leftovers should be stored in the refrigerator. Slice off what you want and heat in the microwave for about 20 seconds at 60% power. Tastes just like it did when you took out of the oven.
More Bread Recipes you will love!
- Indian Fry Bread for Navajo Tacos and More
- Triple Cheese Garlic Bread
- Best Cornbread Recipe
- Braided Easter Bread
This post was originally published February 5, 2017 and was republished May 6, 2020 with new content.Print
Beer Bread with Bacon Jalapeno and Cheddar
This Beer Bread is a crazy easy bread recipe that is made with crisp bacon, fresh jalapenos and tasty cheddar. It is perfect for sandwiches, chili, soup or just because you love bread. For an extra special treat toast a slice and lather on some real cream butter.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 50
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield: 10 1x
- Category: bread
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 slices crispy cooked bacon coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons jalapeno pepper finely minced
- 2 1/4 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 beer (12 ounce)
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- In large bowl mix flour, baking powder, salt, garlic powder, cumin, sugar, bacon, jalapeno pepper and cheddar cheese. Pour beer over mixture and mix just until combined. Do not over mix. Spoon into loaf pan. Pour melted butter over bread.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until set and lightly browned. Remove from the pan and allow to cool for at least 20 minutes before cutting into the loaf.
Keywords: beer bread, cheddar beer bread, bacon cheddar beer bread, jalapeno cheddar beer bread, bacon beer bread, savory bread