This One Skillet Creamy Tuscan Chicken combines golden brown chicken breasts, spinach and sun dried tomatoes in an Italian seasoned rich creamy garlic Parmesan Cheese sauce It is easy enough for a weeknight meal yet elegant enough for company. This quick and easy family dinner idea is perfect for the novice cook or busy Mom. We like to serve it with Oven Roasted Garlic and Parmesan Asparagus or Green Bean Bacon Bundles.
One can never have too many good chicken recipes. It is just a fact of life. Chicken is just so incredibly versatile and reasonably priced compared to beef or seafood. We served this for a small dinner party not too long ago and got rave reviews.
How do you make Creamy Tuscan Chicken?
First add a little olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken breasts and cook until both sides are browned and the chicken is cooked through. Remove the chicken breasts from the skillet and plate them.
Now reduce the heat to low and add a little more olive oil. Add the minced garlic, dried oregano, parsley, basil, marjoram and crushed red pepper and cook for about a half to one minute. Add the chicken broth and heavy cream. Simmer for about five minutes while you grate the Parmesan Cheese and put things away. Slowly stir in the Parmesan Cheese until fully melted. Now add the spinach and sun dried tomatoes. Simmer until the spinach begins to wilt. Then add the chicken back to the pan and spoon the warm sauce over the chicken. Simmer until the chicken warms or about five minutes. Serve over rice, pasta or Zucchini Noodles.
Helpful tips for making Creamy Tuscan Chicken
- Cut the chicken breasts in half lengthwise giving you four thinner chicken breasts that will cook through easily. Some chicken breasts these days are so huge.
- Use baby spinach as it is more tender and more mild than its older sister.
- You can use oil packed sun dried tomatoes or dry packed sun dried tomatoes. If you are using dry packed sun dried tomatoes hydrate them for a little while in some warm water until they plump up before starting the recipe.
- This recipe calls for heavy cream. Trying to deviate from that with milk or half and half will not produce the kind of thick creamy sauce that makes this recipe insanely delicious.
- This recipe is best served promptly however if there is a delay and the sauce thickens too much add one to two tablespoons of chicken broth to thin it out.
Other chicken recipes you will love!
- Chicken Scallopini
- Chicken A La King
- Coconut Chicken
- Easy Basic Chicken Stir Fry
- Easy Italian Baked Chicken Recipe
One Skillet Creamy Tuscan Chicken
A delectable easy one skillet chicken breast recipe with sun-dried tomatoes and spinach in a creamy sauce with Italian herbs and Parmesan Cheese.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: main meal chicken
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: Tuscan
- 2 large chicken breasts cut in half lengthwise to make 4 thinner breasts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 pinches dried marjoram
- 2 pinches crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 2/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 2/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil to large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken breasts; cook until browned on both sides and cooked through. Remove to plate and cover loosely with foil.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil to skillet; reduce heat to low. Add garlic, oregano, parsley, basil, marjoram and crushed red pepper. Cook for 30-60 seconds; stirring several times.
- Add the chicken broth and cream; stir to combine. Simmer for 5 minutes. Slowly stir in the Parmesan until melted. Add the spinach and sun dried tomatoes. Cook until the spinach has wilted; approximately 2-3 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste
- Add the chicken back to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes. Serve promptly spooning the sauce over the chicken. If desired server over egg noodles or rice.
Keywords: one skillet chicken, Tuscan chicken, chicken with cream sauce, chicken with spinach and sun dried tomatoes, chicken breast recipe, chicken dinner