These Buffalo Cauliflower bites are baked bite size pieces of crispy cauliflower that are lathered with buttery buffalo sauce and broiled to golden crispy perfection. These delectable bite size morsels are just as tasty as buffalo chicken with a lot less fat and calories.
I just love buffalo sauce! I mean honestly who doesn’t? This unique recipe has a little bit of a twist from the standard buffalo chicken recipe as it is made with cauliflower florets. This is a snack I can feel good about eating and feeding to my family. It is perfect for game day, movie night or just because you want the taste of something spicy. I love to serve these at my shindigs with Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms, Bacon Wrapped Pineapple, and Southern Pimento Cheese.
How to make Buffalo Cauliflower
Start by cutting your cauliflower into florets. Then mix the flour, cornstarch, milk, garlic powder, onion powder and a little bit of the hot sauce together. Next dunk the florets into the mixture and place on a baking sheet that has been covered with parchment. Now bake for around 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
When the cauliflower is almost ready add the butter and remaining hot sauce to a microwaveable bowl. Microwave for a few minutes at a reduced power until the butter is melted and the sauce is hot. Now remove the cauliflower from the oven and toss into the bowl of buffalo sauce to coat. Then place the the florets back on the baking sheet and under the broiler for a few minutes. Finally serve promptly with blue cheese or ranch dressing.
Helpful tips for making Buffalo Cauliflower
- Don’t purchase too large of a cauliflower if you want your florets to be bite size. With the larger cauliflower you will have to cut some of the florets into bite size pieces and they will inevitably break up some.
- Preheat your oven to get it really hot. These must cook at a high temp. Resist the urge to peak on them.
- To coat the cauliflower florets with the buffalo sauce just gently toss in a bowl with the hot sauce ad butter heated in the microwave.
- I personally like Franks Red Hot Sauce best for this recipe but if you have a favorite brand by all means use it!
- Broilers are very unpredictable so stay close and monitor well.
How to cut cauliflower into florets
Start by removing the leaves from the base of the cauliflower. Then cut on the underside of the cauliflower removing almost all of the core. They will then naturally separate into florets. You can then either break the larger into sections or cut them with a knife.Print
These delicious and easy baked Buffalo Cauliflower bites are just as good as buffalo chicken with a lot less calories and fat. Bake up a batch for game day or movie night.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: appetizer
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
- 1 head cauliflower separated into florets
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cup hot sauce (like Frank’s Hot Sauce)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Whisk together flour, cornstarch, milk, garlic powder, onion powder and 1 tablespoon hot sauce. Dunk the florets into the mixture and place on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Bake 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- When the cauliflower is almost ready add the butter and remaining hot sauce to a microwaveable bowl. Microwave 3-4 minutes at 50% power until the butter is melted and the sauce is hot. Remove cauliflower from oven, place in bowl and toss gently with buffalo sauce to coat. Place the the florets back on the baking sheet and under the broiler for 3-5 minutes. Serve promptly with blue cheese or ranch dressing.
- Broilers are very unpredictable so stay close by and monitor well.
Keywords: buffalo cauliflower bites, baked buffalo cauliflower, roasted buffalo cauliflower, how to make buffalo cauliflower