This quick and easy flavor packed Southern Pimento Cheese takes less than ten minutes to make and is a friend and family favorite appetizer. Sharp cheddar, white cheddar, pimentos and a handful of other common kitchen ingredients are added to a cream cheese mayonnaise base to make one of the best dips ever known to man (or woman). I love to serve it with Crab Rangoon and Toasted Ravioli at my neighborhood shindigs.
Is your life is a crazy whirl wind of activity that is hard to keep up with sometimes? Do you love to make great food, sip on great wine and entertain from time to time? I LOVE IT but many times the days are full to the brim and there just does not seem to be enough of me to go around. You can whip this delicious Quick Southern Pimento Cheese up in about ten minutes.
This crazy good cheese dip can be prepared in advance, stored in an airtight container, and stirred before placing in a serving bowl. It is delicious served with celery, carrots, crackers and crostini. Serve leftovers on baked potatoes or spread between two slices of bread and make a delectable creamy grilled cheese.
What are pimentos?
Pimentos are a type of chili peppers. They are as red as bell peppers but a little sweeter and mildly hot. They are generally canned or jarred but sometimes roasted. They are also dried, ground and used to make the spice commonly known as paprika. For this recipe you will be using a small jar of them.
How do you make Southern Pimento Cheese?
Using a stand or hand mixer beat the cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth, creamy and lump free. Then add your cheeses, spices, Worcestershire Sauce and mirin (optional). Finally stir in the pimentos and refrigerate until about 30 minutes prior to serving.
How to serve Pimento Cheese?
- With saltines, crisp crackers or crostini
- Spread over little rye or white toasts for tea sandwiches
- With celery and carrot sticks
- Stuffed in little steamed red potatoes (just hallow out the inside with a melon baller)
- With slices of bell pepper or cucumber
- In a warm omelette
- With sliced apples
- Spread between slices of bread and grilled (one of the best grilled cheese ever)
This delicious dip is delectable, easy, loved and foolproof. Put the ingredients on your grocery list and let me know what you think.
More party appetizers you will love!
This post was originally published January 14, 2017 and was republished February 17, 2020 with new content.Print
Southern Pimento Cheese
This easy to make flavor packed Southern Pimento Cheese is sure to be the hit of your next party. To take it over the top serve in little steamed red potatoes.
- Prep Time: 10
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 16 servings 1x
- Category: appetizer
- Method: mixer
- Cuisine: Southern
- 1 box (8 ounces) cream cheese
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup white cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon mirin (optional)
- 1 (4 ounce) jar diced pimentos drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In stand mixer using paddle attachment beat cream cheese and mayo until smooth and creamy. Add cheddar cheeses, garlic powder, onion powder, dry mustard, cayenne pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and mirin (optional); beat just until blended. Stir in pimentos. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate until 30 minutes prior to serving.
Mirin is sweetened sake and is found in the Asian section of fine grocery stores. It adds a little bit of sweetness.
Keywords: homemade pimento cheese, how to make pimento cheese, pimento cheese dip, pimento cheese spread, what is pimento cheese