A quick and easy five ingredient mouthwatering good classic Buffalo Sauce Recipe with just the right amount of heat. It is so much better than store bought and it takes less than ten minutes to prepare. This is one of our favorite homemade sauces and it doubles as a marinade and basting sauce for grilled chicken breasts or buffalo wings.
How to make Buffalo Sauce
Start by melting the butter in a saucepan over low heat. Then add Frank’s Redhot Sauce, apple cider vinegar, pressed garlic, Worcestershire sauce, and ground cayenne. Whisk to combine and bring just to a simmer. Remove from the heat and store in the refrigerator in an airtight container or use on fried, grilled, or baked wings.
Why is it called Buffalo Sauce
This spicy zingy sauce got it’s name from the place of it’s origination which is of course Buffalo, New York. It was created by Teressa Bellissimo at a small family owned restaurant named Anchor Bar.
What is Buffalo Sauce made of?
Butter – use salted or unsalted real cream butter. I like to use unsalted butter since I find this recipe naturally salty.
Hot Sauce – I like to use Frank’s Redhot Sauce but you can use another brand that you like.
Apple Cider Vinegar – for just a little zip. You can substitute white vinegar, champagne vinegar, white wine vinegar, or even rice vinegar.
Pressed Garlic – you can substitute minced garlic or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder.
Worcestershire Sauce – just a touch to complement the sauce and bring out the best flavors.
Cayenne Pepper – use good quality and adjust to taste.
What can you use Buffalo Sauce on?
- Buffalo Cauliflower
- Chicken Wings
- Buffalo Chicken Pizza
- Chicken Breast
- Buffalo Chicken Wrap
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Mac and Cheese
- Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls
- Buffalo Chicken Salad
More sauce recipes you will love!
This classic Buffalo Sauce comes together quickly and easy with just six ingredients in less than ten minutes. Lather it on crispy grilled, fried, or baked chicken wings.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 7 minutes
- Yield: 1 1/2 cups
- Category: other/sauce
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup Frank’s Redhot Sauce
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add Frank’s Redhot Sauce, apple cider vinegar, pressed garlic, Worcestershire sauce, and ground cayenne.
- Whisk to combine and bring just to a simmer. Season with kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste. Remove from the heat and store in the refrigerator in an airtight container or use on fried, grilled, or baked wings.
- I like to use Frank’s Redhot Sauce but you can use another brand that you like.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Keywords: buffalo sauce recipe, how to make buffalo sauce, buffalo wing sauce