The crock pot is such an asset in the kitchen anytime of year. In the relentless warmth of the summer it can keep you from heating up your kitchen with your stove. In the dead of the winter it can provide you with wonderful warm cozy meals like this Crock Pot Beef Stew for Two. A great recipe is always a good reason to turn on the crock pot. Do you know the history of the crock pot? The first crock pot was named the Naxon Beanery and was created by Irving Naxon. Naxon was inspired by his mother. She had told him stories of a bean based soup she used to make in her village bakery in Lithuania. Naxon later sold his design to Rival Manufacturing who re branded it as the Crock Pot.
This savory Crock Pot Beef Stew is chock full of hearty flavor and goodness. Tender beef, carrots, potatoes come together in a rich flavorful gravy. Perfect over egg noodles or served by itself with a crusty piece of French bread. Boy food doesn’t get much better than this. I love crock pot cooking. The crock pot “cooks all day while the cooks away. ” Now this savory recipe is perfect for a couple. I cook it in my smaller crock pot but it can easily be doubled or even tripled in a larger crock pot.
Hope you love this as much as we do whether you are cooking for you and your sweetheart or a whole gaggle of individuals!
Crock Pot Beef Stew for Two
- 1 lb beef stew meat
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2–3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 carrots cut in chunks
- 2 potatoes cut in chunks
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 bay leaf
- In large Ziploc bag combine flour, pepper, salt and garlic powder. Add stew meat and shake to coat. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and sesame oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add coated stew meat and cook to brown all sides. Remove from heat and add to crock pot.
- Heat 1-2 more tablespoons olive oil in same skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook until lightly browned on the edges; approximately 4-5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for additional 1 minute. Add to crock pot on top of beef. Top with carrots, potatoes and celery.
- Using same skillet add wine over medium low heat working to loosen browned bits on the bottom of the skillet. Reduce the wine by 1/2 continuing to stir. Add Worcestershire sauce. beef broth, Cajun seasoning, cumin and bay leaf, Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour wine/broth mixture over beef and vegetables in the crock pot.
- Cook on low for 10 hours or high for 5 hours or until the meat and vegetables are tender. Remove bay leaf.
Other slow cooker recipes you will love!
Mexican Pork Rice Bowl