Crock Pot Lasagna is an easy family friendly meaty cheesy lasagna cooked right in your slow cooker. No need to boil the lasagna noodles as this cooks up just perfect using uncooked lasagna noodles, browned Italian ground sausage, shredded mozzarella and creamy ricotta. I love to serve this delicious pasta dish with Italian Chopped Salad with Fresh Italian Dressing and Triple Cheese Garlic Bread.
Crock Pot Lasagna is one of my family’s favorite meals. Layering the lasagna in the crockpot takes less than ten minutes and the ground Italian sausage with onions and garlic can be browned ahead of time and stored in the fridge. This meal is perfect any time of the year and is always a hit with the kids.
How do you make Crock Pot Lasagna?
Start by browning the Italian sausage over medium heat in a large skillet. When it is about 50% browned add your chopped onions and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes. Reduce the heat to low and add the minced garlic for an additional minute stirring constantly.
Grab a small bowl and mix together the ricotta cheese, parsley, oregano, basil, onion powder and egg. Set it aside while you start to layer the lasagna in the crock pot.
Now spoon about 3/4 cup marinara in the bottom of the crock pot. Now add three uncooked lasagna noodles to the crock pot. They do not have to be perfect and you can break them to fit. Now layer with the browned meat mixture and about 3/4 cup marinara. Next add another layer of uncooked lasagna noodles. Followed by a layer of shredded mozzarella and 3/4 cup marinara. Now add another layer of uncooked lasagna noodles. Followed by the ricotta cheese mixture and another layer of lasagna noodles. Spoon another 3/4 cup marinara over the noodles spreading it with the back of a spoon. Drizzle 1/2 cup of water down the sides of the crock.
Then cover and cook on low for 3 1/2-4 hours or until the noodles are soft. Finally add the final layer of shredded mozzarella, cover and let melt for about 20 minutes. Let the lasagna rest for 20 minutes before cutting.
Helpful tips for making the best Crock Pot Lasagna!
- Use good quality ground Italian sausage. Cook just until browned adding the finely chopped onion about halfway through the browning process and the minced garlic in the last minute of browning.
- Do not boil the lasagna noodles. Trust me! They will cook up tender in the crock just fine. This is one of the great advantages of crock pot lasagna.
- Use whole milk mozzarella cheese as it creates a super creamy melt.
- Homemade marinara is always tasty but if you are short on time there are plenty of tasty jarred marinaras. I love Costco’s Organic Marinara Sauce.
- Don’t forget to drizzle the water down the sides of the pot. It adds moisture to the pot so the noodles soften.
- For best results once cooked let the lasagna rest for about 20 minutes before slicing.
- Do not get too hung up with the layers. You could do it any number of ways!
Other slow cooker recipes you will love!
- Slow Cooker Sauerkraut and Sausage
- Crock Pot Italian Beef Sandwiches
- Slow Cooker Pork and Noodles
- Easy Crock Pot Cowboy Beans
- Slow cooker King Ranch Chicken Soup
Crock Pot Lasagna
This easy lasagna is made with minimal prep work using uncooked lasagna noodles, browned Italian sausage, mozzarella cheese and a six ingredient ricotta cheese mixture.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 260 minutes
- Total Time: 4 hours 40 minutes
- Yield: 10 servings 1x
- Category: pasta main meal
- Method: crock pot
- Cuisine: Italian
- 1 lb ground Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 large egg
- 3 cups marinara
- 12 lasagna noodles (do not boil)
- 2 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
- In a large skillet brown the sausage . When it is halfway browned add onions and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes. Reduce the heat to low. Add minced garlic and cook for 1 minute; stirring constantly.
- In a medium bowl mix together ricotta cheese, parsley, oregano, basil, onion powder and egg.
- Spoon 3/4 cup marinara in the bottom of crock pot. Add three uncooked lasagna noodles to the crock pot; breaking if necessary. Add browned meat mixture and 3/4 cup marinara. Add another layer of uncooked lasagna noodles. Add 1 cup shredded mozzarella and 3/4 cup marinara. Add another layer of uncooked lasagna noodles. Spread the ricotta cheese mixture and another layer of lasagna noodles. Spoon another 3/4 cup marinara over the noodles spreading it with the back of a spoon. Drizzle 1/2 cup water down the sides of the crock pot. Cover and cook on low for 3 1/2-4 hours; or until the noodles are soft. Layer with remaining shredded mozzarella, cover and let melt for 20 minutes. Let it rest for 20 minutes before cutting.
Keywords: lasagna, slow cooker lasagna, crock pot lasagna, easy crock pot lasagna, how to make crock pot lasagna, lazy day crock pot lasagna, crock pot lasagna easy, pasta, crock pot pasta, slow cooker pasta, best crock pot lasagna, can you make lasagna in a crock pot