Cheddar Pull Apart Bread combines frozen roll dough, cheddar, Gouda, jalapenos and a perfect blend of herbs into an amazing mouthwatering pull apart loaf. It is so hard not to devour the whole thing. For a complete meal serve with Sausage Potato Soup or Easy Baked Spaghetti Recipe.
The most challenging part of this Pull Apart Bread involves a little patience. The scrumptious goodies are mixed together, spooned in a spring form pan and then placed in a warm area for the dough to rise. This can take several hours so you need to plan head for this tasty bread.
How do you make Cheddar Pull Apart Bread?
First thaw the bread rolls a little bit. Slice in half using kitchen scissors. Now in a large bowl combine the melted butter, half of the minced jalapenos, oregano, basil, garlic powder, one half cup cheddar, one half cup Gouda, Parmesan and the cut Rhodes rolls. Then spoon the mixture into a nine inch spring-form pan that has been well coated with nonstick baking spray.
Cover the pan with plastic wrap and place in a warm non drafty place. Allow the dough to double in size. Depending on the heat and humidity for the day it will take about 2-3 1/2 hours.
When the bread has doubled in size add the remaining cheddar, Gouda and jalapenos to the top. Cover the bottom of the spring-form pan with aluminum foil to catch any dripping butter. Bake for about twenty five minutes or until the rolls are done in the middle of the pan and the cheese is melted and lightly browned. Allow the bread to cool for ten minutes before releasing from the spring form pan.
Recipe notes and helpful tips
- Do not go over the fifteen recommended roll count. This is fifteen rolls before you cut them in half.
- Only let the bread rise to double its original size. Once it gets to the double point finish putting the rest of the cheese and jalapenos on it and get it into the oven. Things can change quickly after that point and yeast bread does not do well when allowed to rise too much.
- Buy good quality cheese. It really does make a difference.
- Wrap the bottom of the spring form pan with aluminum foil to keep anything from dripping in the oven.
- It you are not fond of jalapenos substitute with chopped scallions.
- Find a warm but not hot place for the bread to rise. Maybe next to the stove but not on top of it. Another good place would be on the counter under indirect sunlight.
A layer of cheddar, Gouda and jalapenos puts this Cheddar Pull Apart Bread recipe over the top. The end result is so darn delicious that I honestly don’t know how you are going to keep from eating it! Good luck! I had to take half the loaf to the neighbors house to keep from eating it all. It is that unbelievably good!
Other scrumptious bread and roll recipes you will love!!
This post was originally published September 27, 2015 and was republished April 25, 2019 with new content.Print
Cheddar Pull Apart Bread
Jalapeno Cheddar Pull Apart Bread combines frozen roll dough, cheddar, Gouda, jalapenos and a perfect blend of herbs into an amazing mouthwatering loaf.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes plus 3 hours rising time
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: bread and rolls
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
- 15 Rhodes rolls (frozen unbaked roll dough)
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 jalapeno seeded and finely minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar
- 1 cup Gouda cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup parmesan
- Thaw the rolls for 30 minutes and cut in half. In large bowl combine butter, half of the jalapeno, oregano, basil, garlic powder, 1/2 cup cheddar, 1/2 cup Gouda, Parmesan and cut Rhodes rolls. When mixed transfer to 9 inch spring-form pan that has been coated with nonstick baking spray. Cover pan with plastic wrap and allow dough to double in size; depending on heat and humidity 2-3 1/2 hours.
- When doubled in size add remaining cheddar, Gouda and jalapenos to the top of the rolls. Cover the bottom of the spring-form pan with aluminum foil to catch any dripping butter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees or until the cheese is lightly browned and the rolls are done in the middle of the pan.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes and release the spring form pan.
Do not go past the 15 count roll recommendation. 15 count before being cut in half.
Only allow the dough to rise to double in size. I use a ruler for measurement instead of my eyes.
Cover the bottom of the spring-form pan with aluminum foil or place cookie sheet under to catch any dripping butter.
Keywords: BREAD, CHEDDAR, EASY, GOUDA, JALAPENO, PARTY PLEASER, PULL APART BREAD