Jalapeno Cheddar Bread combines frozen roll dough, cheddar, Gouda, jalapenos and a perfect blend of herbs into an amazing mouthwatering loaf. It is so hard not to devour the whole thing.
Most of the work for this Jalapeno Cheddar Bread involves patience as the delicacies are mixed together and placed in a spring form pan, placed in a warm area and the dough is allowed to rise.
Helpful hints when making this Jalapeno Cheddar Bread!
- Do not go over the fifteen recommended roll count. This is fifteen rolls before you cut them in half.
- Only let the bread rise to double its original size. Once it gets to the double point finish putting the rest of the cheese and jalapenos on it and get it in the oven. Things can change quickly after that point and yeast bread does not do well when allowed to rise too much.
- Buy good quality cheese. It really does make a difference.
- Wrap the bottom of the spring form pan with aluminum foil to keep anything from dripping in the oven.
Other scrumptious bread and roll recipes you will love!!
- Monterey Jack Cheddar Ranch Bacon Bread
- Challah Bread
- Easy Parmesan Herb Skillet Rolls
- Sour Cream Banana Bread
I wrap the bottom of the spring form pan with aluminum foil to keep anything from dripping in the oven. Those dirty ovens are a drag. A layer of cheddar, Gouda and jalapenos puts this Jalapeno Cheddar Bread recipe over the top. The end result is so darn delicious that I honestly don’t know how you are going to keep from eating it! Good luck! I had to take half the loaf to the neighbors house to keep from eating it all. It is unbelievably good!
This post was originally published September 27, 2015 and was republished June 7, 2018 with new relevant information and helpful hints.
Jalapeno Cheddar Bread
Jalapeno Cheddar Pull Apart Bread combines frozen roll dough, cheddar, Gouda, jalapenos and a perfect blend of herbs into an amazing mouthwatering loaf.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes plus 3 hours rising time
- Yield: 8
- Category: bread and rolls
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
- 15 Rhodes rolls (frozen unbaked roll dough)
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 jalapeno seeded and finely minced
- 1 teaspoonn dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- 1 cup Gouda cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup parmesan
- Thaw the rolls for 30 minutes and cut in half. In large bowl combine butter, half of the jalapeno, oregano, basil, garlic powder, 1/2 cup cheddar, 1/2 cup Gouda, Parmesan and cut Rhodes rolls. When mixed transfer to 9 inch spring-form pan that has been coated with nonstick baking spray. Cover pan with plastic wrap and allow dough to double in size; depending on heat and humidity 2-3 1/2 hours.
- When doubled in size add remaining cheddar, Gouda and jalapenos to the top of the rolls. Cover the bottom of the spring-form pan with aluminum foil to catch any dripping butter.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees or until the rolls are done in the middle of the pan.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes and release the spring form pan.
Do not go past the 15 count roll recommendation. 15 count before being cut in half.
Only allow the dough to rise to double in size. I use a ruler for measurement instead of my eyes.
Cover the bottom of the spring-form pan with aluminum foil or place cookie sheet under to catch any dripping butter.
Keywords: BREAD, CHEDDAR, EASY, GOUDA, JALAPENO, PARTY PLEASER, PULL APART BREAD