THIS LEMON DROP MARTINI RECIPE IS A LIGHTLY SWEETENED LIP SMACKING LEMON LOVERS TREAT. THIS VODKA BASED COCKTAIL CAN BE PREPARED IN A COUPLE OF MINUTES IN A COCKTAIL SHAKER.
Hubby and I both agree that this is one of our absolute favorite cocktail and perfect for making on the fly and for guests. It is definitely party worthy!!
Do you do any entertaining? Do you enjoy a specialty adult beverage every now and then? Hubby and I like to have a cocktail or two on the weekends and these Lemon Drop Martinis are always a welcome refreshment. They take just a couple of minutes to prepare and they are a huge hit with family, friends and neighbors. Lemons are so abundant and juicy during the peak summer months making this one of our favorite summer martinis.
ARE LEMONS NUTRITIOUS?
You better believe it. Lemons are full of Vitamin C which helps form and preserve connective tissue as well as skin, teeth and bones. Lemons can help decrease blood cholesterol. They can increase liver function and boost metabolism. Lemons help with digestion and boost gallbladder function. There are so many benefits to this heavenly citrus fruit.
HOW TO MAKE A LEMON DROP MARTINI.
This cocktail could not be any easier. Run the rim of the glass with lemon juice and dip the edge in fine sugar. In cocktail shaker combine ice, vodka, triple sec, lemon juice and sugar (if desired). Give it a little shake and pour it in your glass. It is just that simple to mix up! Nothing to it folks!!
HELPFUL HINTS WHEN MAKING THIS LEMON DROP MARTINI RECIPE.
- If you don’t have extra fine sugar you can use regular sugar pulsed a couple of times in a grinder. I
- Use good quality vodka. It really does make a difference.
- If you don’t have a cocktail shaker don’t fret. You can use a clean jar, protein shaker or even a sports bottle.
- Adjust this martini to taste. The triple sec adds plenty of sweetness for me so I prefer mine without sugar. Hubby though prefers his with sugar as he says he needs all the sweetness he can get.
The weekend will be here before you know it. Put this Lemon Drop Martini Recipe on your to try list. You will absolutely love it!
OTHER LEMON RECIPES YOU WILL LOVE!
- Lemon Curd Cheesecake Bars
- Best Homemade Lemon Bread
- Easy Creamy Lemon Basil Chicken
- Easy Lemon Butter Cake
- Seared Garlic Lemon Butter Scallops
- Classic Lemon Meringue
- Lemon Ice Cream
Lemon Drop Martini
This Lemon Drop Martini Recipe is a lightly sweetened lip smacking lemon lovers treat. This vodka based cocktail can be prepared in minutes.
- Prep Time: 5
- Total Time: 5
- Yield: 1 martini
- Category: Cocktail
- Method: Shaker
- Cuisine: American
- 2 ounces vodka or citrus vodka
- 1 ounce triple sec
- Juice of one large lemon (about 2-3 tablespoons)
- Fine sugar
- Run rim of martini glass with lemon juice and dip into the fine sugar
- Fill shaker with ice, vodka, triple sec, lemon juice (throw in the peels too) and sugar to taste. Shake real well to dissolve sugar.
- Pour in rimmed martini glass and enjoy.
Keywords: ADULT BEVERAGE, COCKTAIL, LEMON COCKTAIL, LEMON DROP, LEMON DROP MARTINI, MARTINI, MISCELLANEOUS