This easy no bake Peanut Butter Pie is a luscious dessert made with cream cheese, peanut butter, and whipped cream all topped with chopped peanuts, chocolate and butterscotch sauce. It is always a hit with family and friends and can be made up to several days in advance. It is equally delicious served refrigerated or frozen.
I have always been a huge peanut butter fan. However when I was growing up my exposure to peanut was limited to a peanut butter and jelly sandwich about once a month. My mother was terribly allergic to peanuts so it pretty much put the kabash on it. Well now that I live in my own house where no one has a peanut butter allergy I enjoy lots of recipes with peanuts in them. This scrumptious pie, Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies, Peanut Butter Banana Bread, and Peanut Butter Fudge are just a few of our favorites.
How to make Peanut Butter Pie
Start by crushing the cookies in a food processor or blender. Then combine with the melted butter and press into a nine inch pie pan. Next place into the refrigerator and chill for at least thirty minutes.
Using a hand or stand mixer beat the whipping cream and powdered sugar on medium until stiff peaks form. Go ahead and set that aside for a few minutes. Now using a clean bowl beat the cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Next beat in the peanut butter and powdered sugar until well mixed scraping down the sides of the bowl and beaters several times. Then fold the whipping cream into the peanut butter/cream cheese mixture. Now spoon it into the chilled crust.
Finally top with chopped peanuts and if desired drizzle with chocolate and butterscotch sauce. Chill for at least two hours or if desired freeze.
Helpful tips for making Peanut Butter Pie
- Chill the chocolate Oreo crust for at least 30 minutes.
- Soften the cream cheese to make it easier to beat smooth and creamy.
- Finely chop the peanuts and sprinkle them over the top.
- If desired drizzle with chocolate and/or butterscotch syrup.
- Chill the pie for at least 2 hours before serving or freeze and serve frozen. It is delicious both ways.
- Store this pie covered in the refrigerator or freezer.
Variations for this recipe
- Substitute a Graham Cracker Crust in place of the chocolate Oreo crust
- Top with chopped Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- Add a layer of chocolate ganache either to the top of the pie or on top of the bottom crust.
- Top with whipped cream before adding the chopped peanuts and drizzling with chocolate or butterscotch syrup
- Using a vegetable peeler shave chocolate and add it to the top.
Peanut Butter Pie
This super easy Peanut Butter Pie is sure to please all your peanut butter lovers with a chocolate Oreo crust and cream cheese filling all topped with chopped nuts and chocolate syrup.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes plus chilling time
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: dessert
- Method: no bake
- Cuisine: American
Chocolate Pie Crust
- 24 Oreos (regular not double stuffed)
- 5 tablespoons butter melted
Peanut Butter Filling
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup (optional)
- 1/4 cup butterscotch syrup (optional)
- Grease a 9 inch pie pan. Crush Oreo cookies in food processor or blender. In a small bowl stir cookie crumbs with melted butter. Press evenly into bottom and up the side of the pie pan. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Using a hand or stand mixer beat the whipping cream and powdered sugar on medium until stiff peaks form. Set aside for several minutes.
- Using a hand or stand mixer beat cream cheese until smooth and lump free. Add peanut butter and powdered sugar; beat until smooth and creamy. Scrap down the sides and beater several times. Using a spatula gently fold the whipping cream into the peanut butter mixture. Spoon into cooled pie crust.
- Top with chopped peanuts. If desired drizzle with chocolate and butterscotch syrup. Chill for at least 2 hours or freeze. This pie is delicious both refrigerated and frozen.
Keywords: chocolate peanut butter pie, no bake peanut butter pie, old fashioned peanut butter pie, peanut butter cream cheese pie