I have this crazy thing about peanut butter!! I love it!! I have loved it since I was a little kid. My Mom was allergic to peanuts so peanut butter and jelly sandwiches were a treat. My older sister would have to make them and everything would have to be wiped down meticulously. We would always use a separate knife for each and the jelly was always spread first and put away. We did not want to inadvertently get peanut butter in the jelly and cause Mom’s eyes to swell shut. Despite all of that I still love peanut butter. It is no wonder that I love these Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies. They are so unbelievably delectable!!!
These soft Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies are a cinch to make. I like to refrigerate the dough for 1-2 hours so I usually whip up the dough and go do something really exciting like laundry! Yahoo!! There is a lot going on here so you want your dough to hold up real good and when you beat peanut butter it thins out a little bit. It needs time to cool back down from all that whipping. YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE THESE TREASURES!!
I have always had such good luck with freezing cookies. I am going to start stashing cookies in the freezer for the holidays!! I double wrap them in Ziploc freezer bags and place them in sturdy glad-ware so they do not get broken. I hope you give these a whirl or at least put them on your holiday baking list!!!
Happy Baking my food loving friends!!
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter softened (1 stick)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- In medium bowl mix baking soda, flour and salt. Set aside.
- In stand mixer on medium speed. cream together peanut butter and butter until smooth. Add honey, egg and vanilla extract and mix until incorporated on low. Slowly add flour mixture and mix just until incorporated. Stir in rolled oats and chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons on to parchment covered cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned on the edges. Allow to cool 5 minutes before removing to cookie cooling racks.
These are soft cookie so you need to be gentle when removing from the cookie sheets.
I use Ghirardelli premium bittersweet chocolate baking chips
Double Chocolate Cherry Cookieshttps://www.smalltownwoman.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Beth-1.pdf