These easy family friendly Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies have slightly crispy edges and soft melt in your mouth centers. They are the perfect balance of creamy peanut butter, old fashioned rolled oats and bittersweet chocolate chips without one flavor dominating the other. I love to serve them on my cookie trays with Andes Mint Cookies and Snickerdoodle Cookies.
I have this crazy thing for peanut butter!! I love it!! I have loved it since I was a little kid. My Mom was allergic to peanuts so peanut butter and jelly sandwiches were a treat. My older sister would have to make them and everything would have to be wiped down meticulously. We would always use a separate knife for each and the jelly was always spread first and put away. We did not want to inadvertently get peanut butter in the jelly and cause Mom’s eyes to swell shut. Despite all of that I still love peanut butter. It is no wonder that I love these Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies.
How do you make Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies?
Start by whisking together the flour, baking soda and salt. Next using a mixer cream the butter and the brown sugar until light, fluffy and smooth. Now turn mixer to stir and add the peanut butter and vanilla. Mix just until incorporated and then add the egg. Then mix just until incorporated. Next add the flour mixture in three intervals mixing just until combined after each interval.
Then stir in the oats and chocolate chips. Using a 1 1/2 tablespoon cookie scoop place dough on baking sheets covered with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Finally bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool the cookies for 5-7 minutes before moving the to cookie cooling racks.
Helpful tips for making Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Always preheat the oven and load the baking sheet in the middle rack in the center of the oven.
- I really love using Ghiradelli bittersweet chocolate chips in these cookies but other chocolate chips can be substituted as well.
- Soften the butter and warm the egg to room temperature.
- For slightly crispy cookies bake for around 12 minutes for softer cookies bake for around 10 minutes.
- Cover the baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Make the first batch a test run. Bake one or two cookies. This allows you to make sure the dough has been chilled enough so the cookies do not spread too much and to test baking time.
More cookies you will love!
- Iced Lemon Cookies
- Maraschino Cherry Almond Chocolate Cookies
- Best Peanut Butter Cookies
- Cowboy Cookies
- Italian Cookies (Baci di Dama)
This post was originally published October 26, 2016 and was republished April 16, 2020 with new content.Print
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
A delectable combination of creamy peanut butter, old fashioned rolled oats and bittersweet chocolate chips in a cookie with slightly crispy edge and a soft melt in your mouth center.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 24 cookies 1x
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup bittersweet chocolate chips (see notes)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cover baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- In medium bowl mix baking soda, flour and salt. Set aside.
- Using a mixer on medium speed cream together butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Turn mixer to low; add peanut butter and vanilla extract. Mix just until incorporated. Add the egg and mix just until incorporated. Add the flour mixture in three intervals mixing just until combined after each interval. Stir in rolled oats and chocolate chips.
- Using 1 1/2 tablespoons cookie scoop drop dough on to prepared baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned on the edges. Allow to cool 5-7 minutes before removing to cookie cooling racks.
I use Ghirardelli premium bittersweet chocolate baking chips
Keywords: Christmas cookies, cookies, oatmeal cookies, peanut butter cookies, best ever peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, soft peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies