Do you like mushrooms? I absolutely love them. As a matter of fact I don’t think I have ever met a mushroom that I did not like. But mushrooms are a lot like coconut and cilantro either you love it or you hate it. Stuffed shrooms are simply amazing. The entertaining season is coming up and what better way is there to amaze your quests than with spectacular appetizers. Have you tried any of my other appetizers? I think appetizers are my favorite food category! Beef Tenderloin Red Pepper Rumaki, Crab Rangoon Egg Rolls, Toasted Ravioli are just a few of my guests favorites.
Do you like to entertain? I just love it. It is so much fun. I love the whole planning aspect of it. This time of the year is perfect for it. The weather is so nice that it makes outdoor entertaining so enjoyable. These Quick and Creamy Crab Stuffed Mushrooms are the perfect party appetizer. They are quick to prep, quick to cook and can even be reheated in the microwave. My quests just rave and rave about them. I use fresh crab-meat but you certainly don’t need a lot of it. You can even sub shrimp or do something really crazy like do a crab & shrimp combo.
These Quick and Creamy Crab Stuffed Mushrooms are filled with fresh crab, cream cheese, bread crumbs, garlic and Parmesan. You can mix them in a single bowl in about 3 minutes and scoop the mixture in with a cookie scoop. They bake in no time at all and are even perfect as a main entree with a simple tossed spring green salad with a light vinaigrette.
If you like things to pack a little punch than add a little bit of cayenne pepper or crushed red pepper. I use the great big button mushrooms but for a party you certainly could use the smaller mushrooms and this recipe would go further. Just remember to reduce your cooking time by a few minutes for the smaller mushrooms.
So what are you waiting for? These tasty gorgeous Quick and Creamy Crab Stuffed Mushrooms could be all yours in a matter of 30 minutes or less!!
- 12 large white button mushrooms cleaned with stems removed and discarded
- Olive oil spray
- 1 box (8 ounce) cream cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped Italian parsley
- 1 cup shelled crab finely chopped (I use King Crab)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Lightly spray mushrooms with olive oil spray and arrange mushrooms cap side down on a cookie sheet. In a large bowl mix cream cheese, bread crumbs, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, green onions, Parmesan, parsley and crab.
- Scoop about 1 1/2 tablespoons of filling into each mushroom. Bake for 20 minutes. Turn the broiler on the last minute of cooking to lightly brown the tops. Stay close by as I have always found broilers unpredictable.
You can add 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper or 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper for a little kick.
Other recipes you will love!!