This gorgeous and tasty Cosmopolitan Drink is one of my favorite cocktails. With just a handful of ingredients you too can partake of this delectable libation. Top this beauty with a perfect lime twist and you are the hostess (or host) with the mostest.
When this pandemic is over I am going to throw one heck of a cocktail party. I mean complete with open bar, the best appetizer recipes under the sun and all the best amenities I can provide. One of our mixed cocktails is certainly going to be this cosmopolitan because it is one of my favorites and oh so easy. But until this crazy virus comes to an end or a viable vaccine is created than I will enjoy them on my own.
What’s in a Cosmopolitan Drink
- good quality vodka
- cranberry juice
- orange liqueur (such as Cointreau)
- fresh lime juice
Tips for making the best Cosmopolitan Drinks
- Use good quality vodka and orange liqueur as it really does make a difference.
- Mix the drinks right before serving so the ice does not water them down.
- Use a cocktail shaker to mix the drink. First add the cranberry juice, then the orange liqueur, lime juice and shake a little bit. Then add the vodka and fill halfway up with ice before shaking.
- To mix make sure the lid is firmly in place. Hold the lid down with one hand and the base of the shaker with other hand. Shake vigorously for about 10-15 seconds. Pour into the cocktail glass through the strainer.
- Garnish with a lime or lemon twist, thin lime or lemon rounds. or lime or lemon slices.
How to make a lime or lemon twist
- Cut slices of lemon or lime all the way through creating circles that are about 1/4 inch thick.
- Make a slice in the rind that cuts through to the flesh on one side.
- Using a paring knife to cut away the flesh.
- Twist the rind to curl it.
- For half twists cut the circle in half before cutting away the flesh and twist to curl the rind.
Other cocktail recipes you will lovePrint
This tasty and gorgeous cranberry orange Cosmopolitan Drink is made in less than two minutes in a cocktail shaker. For a impressive finishing touch garnish with a fresh lime twist.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Total Time: 2 minutes
- Yield: 1 serving 1x
- Category: cocktail
- Method: shaker
- Cuisine: American
- 1 ounce cranberry juice
- 1 ounce Cointreau or other triple sec
- 1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 1/2 ounces vodka or citrus vodka
- Add cranberry juice, Cointreau, and lime juice to a cocktail shaker. Cap and shake to combine.
- Add vodka and fill halfway up with ice. Cap and shake vigorously.
- Strain into a martini glass. Garnish with a lime twist.
Keywords: cosmo, cosmopolitan cocktail, how to make a cosmopolitan drink