Party perfect delicious refreshing Pineapple Margaritas made two ways both in less than five minutes. They are one of our favorite entertaining cocktails and perfect for the summer.
Are you doing any entertaining this summer? These are one of my go to cocktails for spring and summer events. I love to serve them at my parties with Crab Stuffed Mushrooms, Sweet Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites and Cream Cheese Wontons. They are ideal for pool parties, barbecues, neighborhood shindigs and bridal showers.
How to make Pineapple Margaritas (2 ways)
In a blender
This method is helpful in preparing a pitcher of ice cold margaritas. First run the rim of the glasses with a little lime juice and then dip the edges into some course salt. Next combine the ice, tequila, pineapple juice, triple sec and lime juice in a blender. Pulse on high a couple of times until the ice is crushed and drink is blended. Pour into prepared glasses and garnish with limes slices and pineapple chunks.
By the glass
This method is ideal for those who just want one or two cocktails. First run the rim of the glasses with a little lime juice and then dip the edges into some course salt. Now simply add ice to each glass. Next add the tequila, pineapple juice, triple sec and lime juice. Then stir with a cocktail stirrer or spoon to combine. Finally garnish with lime slices and pineapple chunks.
Recipe tips and hints for making Pineapple Margaritas
- The salt can easily be omitted. It is traditional for margaritas but for those watching their salt you can replace with sugar or omit.
- Triple sec is a sweet orange flavored liqueur that is sold at most local grocery stores and liquor stores.
- For best flavor use fresh lime juice. Roll them against the counter top with the palm of your hand for easier juicing.
- Limes wedges or slices, pineapple chunks, lemon wedges or slices, maraschino cherries or grapes can be used for garnish.
- For added kick throw some Pickled Jalapenos slices into the glass before pouring.
An easy mouthwatering good party worthy pineapple cocktail that is made in less than five minute in a blender or two minutes in a glass.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 serving 1x
- Category: cocktail
- Cuisine: American
- lime wedges
- coarse salt
- 2 ounces tequila
- 2 ounces pineapple juice
- 1 ounce triple sec
- juice from one lime (about 2 tablespoons)
- Run the rim of a glass with a lime wedge to get some juice on it. Place the salt on a shallow plate and dip the edges into it. Skip to step 3 if making in the blender.
- Add ice to each glass. Add the tequila, pineapple juice, triple sec and lime juice. Stir with a cocktail stirrer or spoon to combine. Garnish with lime slices and pineapple chunks.
- If making in a blender simply add multiple amounts of ice, tequila, pineapple juice, triple sec and lime juice. Pulse on high a couple of times until the ice is crushed and the drink is blended. Pour into prepared glass and garnish with limes slices and pineapple chunks.
Keywords: frozen pineapple margarita, pineapple margarita recipe, how to make a pineapple margarita