This creamy Homemade Poppy Seed Dressing Recipe brings six easy ingredients and five minutes of preparation time together in a delectable, lightly sweetened dressing. It has just the right amount of tang from apple cider vinegar and mustard. It is perfect for your spring and summer salads. It really complements the flavors in spinach strawberry salad and salads with fresh berries or blue cheese.
Spring and summer are right around the corner, and with it comes lots of super delicious, wholesome recipes. This scrumptious homemade dressing is great on green salads, fruit salads, or a combination of both. Skip the bottled dressing with so many preservatives and make a wholesome homemade batch today. Store in an airtight container for up to a week in your fridge! For a lighter dressing, try my orange vinaigrette, and if creamy dressings are your thing, try my homemade ranch dressing.
How do you make Creamy Poppy Seed Dressing?
In a small bowl, whisk together the cider vinegar, sugar, grated onion, Dijon mustard, mayonnaise, and poppy seeds until smooth and creamy. You can also shake the ingredients together in a mason jar. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Where do you find Poppyseeds?
Jarred poppy seeds are found in the dried spice section of most grocery stores. When stored in a cool, dry place with a tight-fitting lid, they will generally last about 3-4 years.
This homemade salad dressing takes just minutes to prepare, and it contains only natural, wholesome ingredients that you can feel good about. Put the ingredients on your shopping list today, and let me know what you think!
More salads to try!
Creamy Poppy Seed Salad Dressing Recipe
A delectably easy homemade Creamy Poppy Seed Dressing that is so tasty on fresh fruit salad or a spinach salad with pecans or almonds. Enjoy it on my popular Strawberry Spinach Salad.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 1/2 cups
- Category: salad dressing
- Method: whisk
- Cuisine: Southern
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise (I like Dukes)
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Whisk the cider vinegar, sugar, grated onion, Dijon mustard, mayonnaise, and poppy seeds together until smooth and creamy. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- Experiment with different kinds of vinegar like white wine vinegar, champagne vinegar, red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, or pomegranate vinegar.
- If desired, you can substitute plain Greek yogurt for the mayonnaise.
- Substitute honey or maple syrup for the sugar.
Keywords: best poppy seed dressing, how to make poppy seed dressing, poppy seed salad dressing, salad dressing, sweet poppy seed dressing