This delicious Strawberry Spinach Salad combines crisp smoked bacon, sun ripened strawberries, sweet red onions, salty feta cheese and crunchy walnuts with a homemade sweet creamy Poppy Seed Dressing. You are going to absolutely love it. This is one of our all time favorite spring and summer salads. We love to serve it with Marinated Herb Butter T Bone Steaks and Grilled Marinated Chicken. This fantastically simple and delicious salad is sure to become one of your favorites.
How do you make Strawberry Spinach Salad?
Lets start by mixing the dressing. Whisk together the cider vinegar, sugar, grated onion, Dijon mustard, poppy seeds and mayo. Next fill a large bowl with the greens and add the bacon, strawberries, red onions, feta cheese and walnuts. Finally toss to coat with the poppy seed dressing.
Tips for making Strawberry Spinach Salad awesome
- Use any mixture of spinach, romaine and spring greens as they all work well and taste delicious.
- Slice your red onions in very thin slices using a serrated knife.
- If you don’t like walnuts try almonds or pecans.
- Use the brightest sweetest organic strawberries you can get your hands on as they are the star of the show.
- Don’t toss the salad until you are ready to serve so everything stays crisp and fresh.
- If feta is not your thing then try very small cubes of whole milk mozzarella.
- The dressing can be prepared up to 5 days in advance however store covered in the refrigerator.
What to serve with Strawberry Spinach Salad?
- Warm rolls or French baguettes with soft butter
- Lightly sweetened ice tea with lemon
- Cheddar Biscuits with Chive Butter
- Spring rolls or vegetable egg rolls
- A cold soup like gazpacho or vichyssoise
More strawberry recipes you will love!
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie
- Easy Frosty Strawberry Mimosas
- Strawberry Bread with Whipped Strawberry Butter
- Strawberry Slab Pie
This post was originally published January 4, 2016 and was republished February 24, 2020 with new content.Print
Strawberry Spinach Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
This delicious spring and summer salad combines fresh strawberries, crisp smoked bacon, sweet red onions, salty feta cheese, and crunchy walnuts with an easy to make six ingredient creamy poppy seed dressing.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: salad
- Method: no cook
- Cuisine: Southern
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/3 cup plus one tablespoons mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 ounces mixed salad greens including spinach, romaine and spring greens
- 1/4 large red onion very thinly sliced
- 1/2 lb. strawberries sliced
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup feta cheese
- 4 slices crispy cooked bacon crumbled
- In medium bowl whisk vinegar, sugar, grated onion, Dijon mustard, poppy seeds and mayonnaise. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large wide bowl spread greens, top with red onion, strawberries, walnuts, feta cheese and bacon.
- Drizzle dressing over the top and toss. Serve promptly.
Keywords: strawberry salad, strawberry bacon salad, strawberry salad with bacon, spinach and strawberry salad, creamy poppy seed dressing, strawberry poppy seed salad, strawberry walnut salad, strawberry feta salad, summer strawberry salad