These tasty family friendly Garlic Knots are made easy with six ingredients in less than thirty minutes. This simple recipe calls for pre-made pizza dough which I pick up at one of my favorite local grocery stores however both canned and homemade work well. You can even use canned biscuits. I love to serve these tasty nuggets with Easy Baked Spaghetti and Three Cheese Stuffed Manicotti.
These fun and easy rolls are one of our favorites. They truly are a cinch to make and you can use refrigerated canned pizza dough, any canned biscuit dough, ready made pizza dough which is available at some local grocery stores and even refrigerated crescent roll dough. Serve with pasta, soup or salad for a complete meal.
How do you make Garlic Knots?
Start by melting your butter in the microwave. Then add the dried oregano, dried parsley, garlic powder and finely grated Parmesan Cheese. Now pat out the pizza dough into a rectangle onto a lightly floured surface. Using a pizza cutter divide into twelve even pieces. Roll each piece into about a 5 inch rope that is about 1/2 inch thick. Tie into a knot and place on parchment covered baking sheet tucking the ends in underneath.
Brush the knots with about half of the melted butter mixture and bake for about 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Finally brush with the remaining butter mixture and serve promptly. I like to serve them with marinara dipping sauce.
Helpful tips for making Garlic Knots
- If the pizza dough is too sticky to work with then knead in a little flour at a time. No more than 1 tablespoon at a time. Then if the pizza cuts are too stretchy and thin then fold each cut in half and roll into about 5 inch rope.
- For best results bake on a sheet covered with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Bake on the middle rack in the center of the oven.
- If using biscuit dough split biscuits in half and roll into about a 5 inch rope and twist into a knot. Cooking time will be reduced to about 10 minutes.
- I love to serve these rolls with warm marinara.
- If using crescent dough remove the dough from can and press to seal perforated edges. Slice into 12 equal strips. Roll into a 5 inch rope and twist into a knot. Cooking time will be reduced to 11-12 minutes.
- Use freshly grated Parmesan Cheese as it is flavor packed and it really does make a delicious difference.
- These knots reheat remarkably well in the microwave in about 10-15 seconds.
Other appetizer recipes you will love!
- Toasted Ravioli
- Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts
- Beef Tenderloin Rumaki
- Dill Dip
- Sweet and Spicy Shrimp Pineapple and Bacon Skewers
These delectable Garlic Knots are made easy using already made fresh or refrigerated canned pizza dough. They can be prepped and in the oven in less than 10 minutes. For a fabulous appetizer serve with a sprinkle of freshly grated Parmesan Cheese and warm marinara.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 12 servings 1x
- Category: appetizer
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: Italian
- 1 lb fresh pizza dough (store bought or fresh)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons fresh grated Parmesan Cheese
- Marinara sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cover baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Melt butter in microwave. Stir in the dried oregano, dried parsley, garlic powder and finely grated Parmesan Cheese.
- Pat out pizza dough into a rectangle onto a lightly floured surface. Using a pizza cutter divide into twelve even pieces. Roll each piece into a 5 inch rope about 1/2 inch thick. Tie into a knot and place on prepared baking sheet tucking the ends in underneath.
- Brush the knots with 1/2 of the melted butter mixture. Bake for about 18-22 minutes or until lightly browned. Brush with remaining butter mixture and serve promptly. If desired serve with marinara dipping sauce.
Keywords: garlic bread knots, homemade garlic knots, how to make garlic knots, pizza dough garlic knots