There is nothing quite as good as cheese garlic bread. There is just something extraordinary about biting into a piece of crusty French bread topped with chewy Mozzarella.
This mouthwatering good Triple Cheese Garlic Bread combines mozzarella, provolone and cheddar on soft crusty Italian or French bread. It is then toasted to golden perfection. I love to serve this with Three Cheese Stuffed Manicotti or Easy Baked Spaghetti.
This super easy cheese bread is a family favorite and the kids just can’t get enough of it. It takes just minutes to make and can be prepped in advance and stored in the refrigerator. I personally like garlic bread best with pasta but it is also delicious with a main meal salad or soup. For a fun and easy appetizer serve with marinara on the side.
How do you make Garlic Cheese Bread?
First slice a crusty Italian or French bread lengthwise. Now combine melted butter, minced garlic. and a little bit of dried parsley. Then brush it over the cut side of the bread. Now sprinkle the cheese over the butter as evenly as possible and dust with a little more dried parsley.
Bake uncovered for about 15 minutes turning on the broiler the last 1-2 minutes. Stay close by because broilers are unpredictable. Slice and serve warm.
What kind of cheese can you use on Cheese Garlic Bread?
There are many cheeses that work well on garlic bread. Feel free try any variation and find out what combination your family loves best.
- Colby Jack
- Provel (if available)
- Italian fontina
Helpful tips for making Garlic Cheese Bread
- Experiment with different kinds of cheese to find the combination that fits your taste buds best.
- Turn the broiler on the last 1-2 minutes of baking to lightly brown the top. Stay close by as broilers are unpredictable.
- For softer bread (we like ours with crispy crusts) wrap in a loose foil tent while baking. Open up the foil the last few minutes of baking to lightly brown.
- Wait 2-3 minutes after baking before slicing the bread so the cheese does not slide quite as much.
At my house this is gobbled up in a matter of minutes so you might want to double the recipe. I made this last week and I really want some more right now! Enjoy my cheese loving friends! What would the world be without cheese!
More recipes to enjoy with Cheese Garlic Bread!
- Pasta e Fagioli
- Italian Chopped Salad with Fresh Italian Dressing
- Crock Pot Lasagna
- Ricotta Stuffed Shells
- Penne alla Vodka
This post was originally published September 10, 2016 and was republished March 10, 2020 with new content.Print
Triple Cheese Garlic Bread
A easy to make tasty loaf of Italian or French bread topped with garlic butter, mozzarella, cheddar, provolone and baked to golden perfection.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 8 serving 1x
- Category: bread
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: Italian
- 1 loaf crusty Italian or french bread (about 1 lb)
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 4 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar
- 2/3 cup shredded provolone
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut loaf in half lengthwise. Combine melted butter, minced garlic and 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley. Brush the butter mixture evenly over the bread. Spread each cheese over the top making sure to evenly distribute over the bread. Sprinkle with the other 1/2 teaspoon of dried parsley.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Turn the broiler on for the last minute of cooking to lightly brown the top. Stay close as broilers are unpredictable.
Keywords: garlic cheese bread, cheese bread, homemade garlic cheese bread, how to make garlic cheese bread, easy garlic cheese bread, garlic bread grilled cheese