Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble is the perfect balance between sweet and tart. This is one of my all time favorite rhubarb recipes. It is easy, quick to come together and a family favorite.
Summer is here in all it’s glory. It is going in to the nineties all week and nothing speaks summer like a good fruit crumble. This Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble is like a match made in heaven. Somehow this tart sour vegetable and this sweet scrumptious berry pair to make a winning combination. This crumble is scrumptious just by itself or a la mode. There is nothing wrong with a little french vanilla ice cream on top of your dessert. Are you a huge strawberry rhubarb fan?
Here are a couple of helpful hints to pull this Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble off without a hitch!
- Shop around for rhubarb via the telephone unless of course you grow it. Sometimes it is hard to find.
- Do not eat the leaves of the rhubarb. They can be toxic. Learn more at Modern Farmer on 6 Secretly Poisonous Plants.
- Add nuts to the crumble. It makes it even more delicious and really complements the fruit. I personally like pecans but you could add sliced almonds or chopped walnuts.
- I find a half cup of sugar is perfect with this bringing out the best in the strawberry rhubarb combination.
Are you entertaining this summer? If so you might be looking for more scrumptious summer desserts. Here are a few to keep your summer sweet and cool!
- Drumstick Ice Cream Pie
- Easy Summer Dessert Tacos
- Raspberry Ice Cream
- Berry Fluff Jello Salad
- Strawberry Cream Cheesecake Pie
- Baileys Chocolate Mint Pudding Parfait
- Lemon Curd Cheesecake Bars
- Peanut Butter and Banana Ice Box Cake
- Blueberry Cream Cheese Bars
- Orange Creamsicle Cupcakes
Oh my goodness! Doesn’t this Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble look amazing? It is making my mouth water. I could have eaten that whole pan but I think my family would have given me the stink eye. Get on the phone and round up that rhubarb today. You and yours are going to love it! I mean really can’t put your spoon down love it!
- 4 cups strawberries hulled and quartered
- 4 cups rhubarb trimmed and chopped into one inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons butter softened
- 3/4 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecan
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray 8 x 11 baking dish with nonstick baking spray for easier clean up.
- In large bowl mix together strawberries, rhubarb, 3 tablespoons flour and sugar. Spoon in baking dish.
- In medium bowl combine brown sugar, 1/2 cup flour, softened butter, rolled oats and cinnamon. Using pastry knife or fork cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Stir in chopped pecans. Sprinkle over strawberry rhubarb mixture.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until top is browned and mixture is bubbly. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- Leftovers should be stored in refrigerator.
Other strawberry recipes you will love!