So today my lovely daughter created her first recipe for Small Town Woman. This is Lilly’s King Hawaiian French Toast and boy is it delicious. Maybe you can get your daughter to make you some!!
She decided that the perfect accompaniment would be a maple pineapple sauce sprinkled with coconut. I have to agree she was correct! Just a chip off the old block! I think I am addicted to exclamation points. I guess that is not such a bad thing to be addicted to!
Check out these little sweet treats of tantalizing joy. They are sure to put a smile in your day and a wonderful taste in your mouth! Great job Lilly!Print
Kings Hawaiian French Toast
- 1 package Kings Hawaiian sweet rolls 12 count
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 can pineapple tidbits drained.
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 2–3 tablespoons sweetened coconut flakes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Cut Kings Hawaiian rolls in half.
- Whisk eggs, milk and cinnamon in medium bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter to small saucepan. Add drained pineapple, maple syrup and vanilla.
- Cook over low heat for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Heat 12 inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in skillet. Working quickly dip rolls in egg mixture and add to skillet. Cook until brown on bottom, flip and cook until brown on other side. Work in two batches. Keep the first batch in the oven uncovered on warm.
- Spoon the pineapple syrup over the french toast and sprinkle with coconut.