This King’s Hawaiian French Toast is a delectable combination of King’s sweet rolls, pineapple and coconut. It is elegant enough for overnight guests yet simple enough for a weekday breakfast. For a complete brunch serve with Peach Sorbet Bellini and Baked Creamy Herb Parmesan Eggs.
So today my lovely daughter created her first recipe for Small Town Woman. This is Lilly’s King Hawaiian French Toast and boy is it delicious. Maybe you can get your daughter to make you some! This family friendly sweet breakfast treat is quick to come together. It combines all of those sweet Hawaiian ingredients that everyone loves like pineapple, coconut and sweet bread.
Lilly decided that the perfect accompaniment to French Toast would be a maple pineapple sauce sprinkled with coconut. I have to agree she was correct! Just a chip off the old block!
How do you make King’s Hawaiian French Toast?
Start by cutting your Hawaiian rolls in half and whisking together your eggs, milk and cinnamon. Next grab a skillet and add a little bit of butter, pineapple, maple syrup and vanilla. Now let that simmer on low while you make the French Toast.
Next heat a little butter in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Working quickly dip the halved rolls in the egg mixture and add to the skillet. Cook until lightly browned on bottom, flip and cook until lightly browned on the other side. Work in batches while keeping the other batches in the oven uncovered on warm. Finally spoon the pineapple syrup over the french toast and sprinkle with the coconut. Serve promptly while everything is nice and fresh.
Helpful tips for making King’s Hawaiian French Toast
- You can use fresh or canned pineapple.
- Real maple syrup is by far the tastiest choice if it is available to you.
- Work in batches with the french toast and do not crowd the pan.
- Use real butter as it browns the bread so incredibly well.
- Don’t spoon the pineapple syrup over the French Toast until you are ready to serve.
Well what are you waiting for? Put the ingredients on your shopping list today and make your family a memorable breakfast. Great job Lilly!
More sweet breakfast treats you will love!
- Easy Overnight French Toast Casserole
- Easy Crepe Recipe
- Cinnamon Coffee Cake with Streusel Topping
- Apple Bread with Cinnamon Pecan Crunch
- Mascarpone Strawberry Stuffed French Toast
This post was originally published March 29, 2019 and was republished December 31, 2019 with new content.Print
Kings Hawaiian French Toast
This easy to prepare kid friendly French Toast combine King’s Hawaiian Sweet Rolls with warm maple syrup, pineapple tidbits and coconut.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: breakfast
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- 1 package Kings Hawaiian sweet rolls 12 count
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 can pineapple tidbits drained.
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 2–3 tablespoons sweetened coconut flakes
- Cut Kings Hawaiian rolls in half.
- Whisk eggs, milk and cinnamon in medium bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter to small saucepan. Add drained pineapple, maple syrup and vanilla.
- Cook over low heat for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Heat 12 inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in skillet. Working quickly dip rolls in egg mixture and add to skillet. Cook until brown on bottom, flip and cook until brown on other side. Work in two batches. Keep the first batch in the oven uncovered on warm.
- Spoon the pineapple syrup over the french toast and sprinkle with coconut.
Keywords: best french toast recipe, easy french toast, easy french toast recipe, French toast, french toast king's hawaiian, french toast recipe, french toast skillet, how to make french toast, King's hawaiian french toast, king's hawaiian french toast recipe, king's hawaiian rolls french toast, pineapple french toast