Well Easter and other spring celebrations are right around the corner. I love this time of the year. The days are getting longer. Shoot daylight savings time starts this coming weekend. That is a food bloggers dream come true. We depend on natural light to enhance our food photography. Spring and summer are definitely the best seasons for taking food photos.
The bulbs are all popping their little heads out and starting to bloom. The trees are starting to bud out and some are in full bloom. The days are getting so much warmer and I am chomping at the bit to get the patio furniture out.
Perfect time of the year for celebrations and parties. These Easy Frosty Strawberry Mimosas will come in handy for your Easter celebration, birthday party or neighborhood soiree.
If you have five minutes and a blender than these beautiful Easy Frosty Strawberry Mimosas can be all yours. Make sure you have plenty of supplies because they will move fast. I use frozen strawberries for these because I have found that frozen strawberries are usually sweeter than their fresh counterparts. I am sure that the suppliers are able to pick them when they are are perfectly ripe because there isn’t any shelf life. They are flash frozen at their peak making them the perfect berry for these.
Your guests will love these cool refreshing Easy Frosty Strawberry Mimosas. Keep the blender handy and plenty of champagne chilling because they will be asking for more.
Easy Frosty Strawberry Mimosas
- 3 cups frozen strawberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 bottle chilled champagne
- 1 teaspoon orange extract (optional)
- Fresh whole strawberries for garnish
- Place frozen strawberries, sugar, 1 cup champagne, and orange extract in blender. Turn on high and blend 1-2 minutes, If it is to thick to blend add 1/4 cup more champagne. Fill champagne glass 1/2 up with strawberry mixture. Top with champagne and garnish with strawberry that is sliced down the middle but not all the way through.
Makes 6 champagne cocktails. Orange extract really complements the strawberries and help bring out their natural sweetness.
Other delicious strawberry recipes you will love!