I am a huge cherry fan. I hope you are too. There is just something amazing about these little tasty slightly tart blessings we call cherries. Tart in a good way. These scrumpdillylicious Lip Smacking Good Cherry Pie Crumble Bars brings out the best that cherries have to offer. The crumble is so amazing and complements the cherries perfectly bringing out the perfect combination of tart and sweet. You will find yourself picking up the little bit of crumbs that end up on your plate and sweeping them in your mouth. So amazingly delicious.
Now I bought these cherries in a can because my cherry tree was was under siege from squirrels and birds. Every time I would come up my driveway you would swear we have flying squirrels as they would jump straight out of the top of the tree and run like mad. I bet they were screaming to each other “KILLERS” and their hearts were probably pounding so fast. Anyway back to the can of cherries. When I resort to canned cherry pie filling I always purchase the premium ones because they are at least packed with sugar and not high fructose corn syrup.
Have you cherry lovers tried any of the my other amazing cherry recipes? Port Wine Cheddar Cherry Cheese Log, Dark Chocolate Cherry Almond Cookies and Cherry Lime Cheesecake Burritos are just a few family favorites. These Lip Smacking Good Cherry Pie Crumble Bars can be prepped in about 15 minutes. They are best served warm or at room temperature. They can be stored for several days in the fridge and gently warmed up in the microwave at a reduced power.
Weekend is coming. It is the perfect time to make your loved ones a special treat. These Lip Smacking Good Cherry Pie Crumble Bars will leave you and yours with a smile on your face and a song in your heart.
Lip Smacking Good Cherry Pie Crumble Bars
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/3 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 (21 ounce) can premium cherry pie filling
- Preheat over to 350 degrees. Spray 9 X 9 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In medium bowl whisk sugar, baking powder and flour. Cut in butter with pastry knife until mixture is crumbly.
- In small bowl whisk together egg, vanilla and almond extract. Slowly stir egg mixture into flour/butter mixture.
- Remove 1 1/2 cups of the mixture to separate bowl. Stir in oats and set aside.
- Press crumb mixture (without oats) gently into bottom of baking dish. Top with cherries, then with crumb mixture with oats. Bake for 55-60 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly on the edges.
Other dessert recipes you will love!!