Cherry Dump Cake is an amazingly delicious easy dessert that takes less than ten minutes to put together. It is so delicious that it reminds me of my grandmother’s cobbler. For an extra special treat try it a la mode.
This Cherry Dump Cake could not be any easier. Are you a cherry lover? My family and I absolutely love cherries. We think they are just heavenly. We love cherries so much that we planted a cherry tree up at the end of the driveway. I have yet to get more than a handful of cherries off of it. Those pesky birds steal all of them before I get the chance. Dang nab it.
A handful of ingredients and you are on your way to a scrumptious dessert. Summer is a busy time of the year. It is my belief that one can never have enough quick to come together recipes. This recipe is for those families that want a homemade dessert but only have about ten minutes to spare.
How do you make Cherry Dump Cake?
This cake is a real breeze to make. Start by buttering the bottom and sides of your baking dish. Then pour the crushed pineapple into the dish and spread it out evenly. Now pour the cherries in and spread them out evenly. Next evenly sprinkle with coconut and pecans. Then sprinkle the cake mix on as evenly as you can. Finally drizzle with butter and bake. It is just that simple. I told you it was ten minutes at the most.
Helpful tips for making Cherry Dump Cake
- If you don’t like pineapple double up on the cherries.
- For flavor variations you can switch the cherry out for blueberry, apple, peach or strawberry.
- If you don’t like pecans try chopped walnuts or sliced almonds.
- The melted butter will not cover the whole top of the cake mix but just do your best when drizzling it. It will all come out just fine.
- This can be assembled in the crock pot and cooked on high of 2 hours or low for 4 hours.
This delectable Cherry Dump Cake is perfect for your next potluck or neighborhood shindig. It tastes even more delicious the next day. Put the ingredients for this gorgeous dessert on your list today and drop a note and let me know what you think.
More cherry recipes you will love!!
- Cherry Pie Bars
- Cherry Pie Taquitos
- Cherry Lime Cheesecake Burritos
- Cherry Cheesecake Stuffed French Toast
This post was originally published May 29, 2018 and was republished February 20, 2020 with new content.Print
Cherry Dump Cake
This family friendly scrumptious dump cake has six easy ingredients comes together in less than ten minutes. It is perfect for potlucks, neighborhood socials and family reunions.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: Southern
- 1 can (20 ounce) crushed pineapple
- 1 can (21 ounce) cherry pie filling
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 box (15.25 ounce) yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick) melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter bottom and sides of a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- Pour crushed pineapple with juice in pan and spread evenly. Pour cherry pie filling over. Sprinkle with coconut and pecans.
- Sprinkle the cake mix over the pecans and coconut. Drizzle the melted butter over the cake mix.
- Bake uncovered for 50-55 minutes or until golden brown.
This cake serves more like a cobbler and is absolutely delicious a la mode.
Keywords: cherry pineapple dump cake, cherry pie filling dump cake, cherry cobbler dump cake