I will start by saying that this is not a made from scratch cake although it really tastes as good or better than one. Sometimes life just calls for shortcuts and that is where this cake comes in. I mean I am sure there are days when you could use a couple of clones of yourself. I know I could and today is no exception to that idea. This Quick and Easy Chocolate Cherry Cake utilizes a boxed devil’s food cake mix. So if Junior is asking you how much longer the earth can sustain the heat of the sun and Princess is shoving paperwork from school up your nose and hubby is asking you if you had time to pick up his toothpaste than maybe just maybe this beautiful delectable cake is just what you need for that neighborhood gala you are supposed to attend this weekend.
This Quick and Easy Chocolate Cherry Cake combine devil’s food cake mix and premium brand cherry pie filling for an outrageously divine dessert. It is then drizzled with a rich chocolate glaze and garnished with maraschino cherries so it looks an impressive bakery cake at a fraction of the price.
Have you tried any of my other cherry recipes? Lip Smacking Good Cherry Pie Crumble Bars, Port Wine Cheddar Cherry Cheese Log and Pineapple Cherry Crush Cocktail are just a few reader favorites. There are so many things that you can do with cherries. I guess by now you have come to the conclusion that I really love them. Still looking for more cherry desserts? Try this amazing Cherry Chocolate Chip Cake from my blogging friend Baking Beauty!
So if cherries are you thing and time is not on your side put this lip smacking Quick and Easy Chocolate Cherry Cake on your list. No one at your soiree needs to know that it started with a box mix.
- 1 box (15.25 ounce) devils food cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 can (21 ounce) cherry pie filling
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of corn syrup
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Optional Garnish maraschino cherries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray bundt pan with nonstick baking spray.
- In large bowl stir together cake mix, eggs, oil and almond extract just until incorporated. Fold in cherries.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes and invert on to cake plate. Cool cake completely; approximately 2 hours.
- In microwavable bowl or Pyrex measuring cup microwave butter and corn syrup for 45 seconds at 50% power. Add chocolate chips and microwave for 45 seconds at 50% power. Remove from microwave and continue stirring until chips are melted. If necessary you can microwave for 15 second interval at 50% power until the chips are melted. Stir in vanilla and drizzle over cake. If desired cut maraschino cherries in half and arrange on top of cake or at base of cake.
Other recipes you will love!