This All Natural Strawberry Cake is made with only wholesome ingredients and contains no artificial colors or preservatives. I created this delicious bundt cake because I love strawberries and I wanted a wholesome scrumptious strawberry cake that I could feel good about eating.
Spring is right around the corner and soon we will be talking delicious sweet fresh strawberries. This beautiful dessert is made with only wholesome natural ingredients that you can name and that you understand. Put natures best together with sweet sun ripened strawberries and the end result is almost heavenly. Not to mention that this beauty is sprinkled with sweet buttery pecans and drizzled with a luscious strawberry glaze. Need I say more!
How do you make this All Natural Strawberry Cake?
First cut the strawberries and mix with a little sugar. Set them aside for about an hour. Next spray a bundt pan with nonstick baking spray and sprinkle the bottom with some chopped pecans. Then in a medium bowl whisk together the flour, salt, cinnamon and baking soda. Now in a large bowl mix together oil, applesauce, eggs, the rest of the chopped pecans, and the chopped strawberry mixture that you set aside. Then add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and stir just until combined.
Pour the mixture into the bundt pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Then let the cake cool for about 15 minutes before inverting on to a cake plate.
Finally in a food processor pulse together strawberries, butter and powdered sugar. Drizzle over cooled cake.
Helpful tips for making this All Natural Strawberry Cake
- Let the strawberries and sugar sit for about an hour as it will sweeten the strawberries and make a little bit of juice for flavoring the cake.
- Grease and flour your bundt pan well. I love Baker’s Joy which is a non stick baking spray with flour.
- Always preheat the oven and place the cake on the center rack in the middle of the oven.
- Mix the batter only until incorporated as over mixing removes all the air and can make the cake tough.
- Because this cake has chunks of fresh strawberries please refrigerate until ready to serve as well as any leftovers.
- Cool the cake completely before drizzling with the strawberry glaze.
This amazing wholesome cake comes together so quickly and the glaze can be prepared in a matter of minutes. This is one scrumptious cake that you really can feel good about feeding your family. It is perfect for a simple weeknight meal or even a small dinner party. So put this delectable cake on your list today. Your family will love all over you for it and you will enjoy every delectable bite.
More strawberry recipes you will love!
- Lip Smacking Good Strawberry Banana Bread
- Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble
- Strawberry Shortcake Recipe with Homemade Biscuits
- 20 Minute Homemade Strawberry Sauce
- Strawberry Pom Mojito
This post was originally published July 8, 2017 and was republished January 6, 2020 with new content.Print
All Natural Strawberry Bundt Cake
This party worthy made from scratch Strawberry Cake is made with all natural ingredients and fresh sun ripened strawberries. Enjoy this wholesome dessert with your family today.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 65 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 25 minutes
- Yield: 16 servings 1x
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: southern
- 4 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 3 1/8 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 4 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- Mix 4 cups strawberries with sugar. Let sit for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray bundt pan with baking spray and sprinkle bottom evenly with 1/2 cup chopped pecans.
- In large bowl combine flour, salt, cinnamon, and baking soda. Whisk to combine well. Add oil, applesauce, eggs, 1/2 cup chopped pecans and strawberry/sugar mixture. Stir to combine. Pour in to bundt pan and cook for 65-70 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of top comes out clean. Allow to cool for 15 minutes. Invert to cake stand and allow to cool to room temperature.
- In small food processor pulse strawberries, butter, and 2/3 cup powdered sugar. Open processor and add remaining 2/3 cup powdered sugar. Pulse a couple more times. Drizzle strawberry glaze over cooled cake.
Keywords: strawberry cake, strawberry cake with strawberry glaze, strawberry glaze, made from scratch strawberry cake, homemade strawberry cake, strawberry cake from scratch, best strawberry cake recipe, fresh strawberry cake, strawberry bundt cake, easy strawberry cake, easy strawberry cake recipe