This delectable Slow Cooker Pork and Noodles combines pork tenderloin, Amish egg noodles and a super easy gravy that cooks up right in the slow cooker. It is the perfect family friendly comfort meal.
This Slow Cooker Pork and Noodles could not be any easier. Sometimes in our crazy busy lives we just need a few recipes that will allow us to keep our sanity and our hair. I am raising a couple of teens and let me tell you it is exhausting. Days are filled with 150,000 small arguments that begin to wear you down! I once saw a Facebook post that said that raising teenagers was like being pecked to death by chickens. There is some truth to that!!
How do you make Slow Cooker Pork and Noodles?
First heat a little vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Roll the pork tenderloin in a little flour and cook in the skillet until browned on all sides. Place in the bottom of the crock pot, add the French Onion soup, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder and onion powder. Cover and cook for about 3 1/2 hours on low and the last 1/2 hour on high. It is possible that the pork tenderloin is fork tender before then so check a couple of times. Remove the tenderloin from the slow cooker and cover loosely.
In a small bowl or measuring cup mix cornstarch with water. Keep the slow cooker on high and whisk the cornstarch mixture into the slow cook and cover while you shred the pork. Stir in the the shredded pork, Amish egg noodles and water. Cook until the noodles are tender. Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley.
Helpful tips for making Slow Cooker Pork and Noodles
- The browning is not an absolutely necessary step but it does add a nice touch and does help thicken the whole dish.
- Amish egg noodles add a really nice touch as they are more like flat dumplings. They can be found in the dried pasta section of most grocery stores.
- All slow cookers have different watts therefore the cooking time is approximate. Once the pork is tender enough to shred proceed with the rest of the recipe.
- Turn up the heat in the last 30 minutes of the pork cooking to prepare for the noodles. If you pull the pork early be sure to turn it up to high for 30 minutes so it is hot enough to cook the noodles and make the gravy. Cover the pork loosely with an aluminum tent to keep it from drying out while it heats up.
- When adding the noodles they should be submerged in the liquid. If there is not enough liquid add a little more water until you can push them all down in the liquid.
- Check on the egg noodles after 20 minutes as overcooking will make them mushy.
- Season with salt, pepper and if desired a little fresh parsley or oregano.
- If desired you can add chopped onion, cooked or canned mushrooms, or frozen peas. Raw chopped onions should be added with the pork tenderloin. Mushrooms and peas should be added with the noodles.
Oh and what comfort food this is!! Who could resist slow cooked pork with savory gravy over egg noodles? You may be in the same situation as me and need a little break from that eye rolling smart mouthed teenager!!! Would I steer you wrong??
Other slow cooker recipes you will love!
- Slow Cooker Sauerkraut and Sausage
- Slow Cooker Pot Roast Recipe
- Peanut Clusters (Crockpot or Microwave)
- Crockpot Chicken and Noodles
- Slow Cooker Butterscotch Hot Chocolate
This post was originally published October 8, 2016 was republished August 24, 2019 with new content.Print
Slow Cooker Pork and Noodles
An easy slow cooked recipe combining pork tenderloin and Amish egg noodles in a delectable easy gravy that you prepare right in the slow cooker.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 4.5 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: main meal pork
- Method: slow cooker
- Cuisine: American
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 1/4 – 1 1/2 lbs)
- 1 can french onion soup (10.5 ounce)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups egg noodles uncooked ( I use the Amish egg noodles)
- 3/4 cup water
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Roll the pork tenderloin in the flour and cook in the skillet until browned on all sides.
- Place the browned pork tenderloin in the bottom of the slow cooker. Add soup, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder and onion powder. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until tender. Turn the slow cooker to high in the last 30 minutes of cooking.
- Stir water and cornstarch to create smooth paste. Remove pork from slow cooker and plate. Whisk cornstarch mixture into slow cooker. Cover and let cook and thicken for 10 minutes. Shred pork and return pork to slow cooker.
- Add egg noodles and water to slow cooker making sure the noodles are pushed down into the liquid. Cook until noodles are tender; approximately 30 minutes. Do not overcook.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Top with fresh chopped parsley and serve.
Keywords: slow cooker pulled pork, slow cooker pork tenderloin, pork and noodles, crock pot pork, crock pot pork tenderloin,