For a fun and tasty summer treat full of great memories try this easy copycat pineapple Dole Whip recipe. It is a simple mix of frozen pineapple, pineapple juice, vanilla ice cream, and sugar. This frozen delight is a popular treat at Disney World and Disneyland but with this simple recipe you too can make this pineapple refreshment in your own kitchen.
We love serving delicious frozen treats for the summer. The kids just love them and everyone gets a little something special to satisfy their sweet tooth. This recipe, raspberry ice cream, mint chocolate chip ice cream, and strawberry ice cream are just a few of our favorites.
How do you make Dole Whip?
Simply put all the ingredients into a blender and beat until smooth. Then either scoop it into a cup and enjoy or place it into a freezer safe container and chill it till it is pipeable. Either way it is extraordinarily delicious. Once chilled enough simply scoop it into a piping bag with a large tip attached and pipe into chilled bowls. I use either my Ateco 826 tip or my Wilton 8B tip as they both work well.
Recipe notes and helpful tips for Dole Whip Recipe
- Use frozen pineapple for this recipe. Fresh pineapple will not work unless it is thoroughly frozen ahead of time.
- Haagen-Dazs sells single servings of vanilla ice cream that are perfect for this recipe and they are 1/2 cup.
- If you want to pipe this, plan ahead for some chilling time. It takes about 1 1/2 hours to chill down real well. I stir it several times so that the middle of the container chills as much as the outside.
- The mixture is thick and stiff in the blender so keep working with it until it is smooth. Turn the blender off and use a spatula or wooden spoon to move the thick mixture around. Then remove the spatula and turn the blender on high. Repeat this step several times until the mixture is smooth.
Other pineapple recipes you will love!
- Pineapple Casserole
- Pineapple Margaritas
- Pineapple Casserole
- Pineapple Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Chicken Bacon Pineapple Pepper Skewers
- Pineapple Crush Drink
Dole Whip Recipe
Dole Whip is a quick and easy copycat pineapple frozen treat like the popular dessert from Disney World. Now you too can enjoy this refreshing summer treat right in your own home.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes plus chilling time
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: dessert
- Method: blender
- Cuisine: American
- 4 ounces pineapple juice
- 1 large scoop vanilla ice cream
- 2 cups frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 ½ tablespoons sugar
- Put all the ingredients into a blender and beat until smooth.
- If desired place in freezer and chill until pipeable. Once chilled scoop it into a piping bag with a large tip attached and pipe into chilled bowls.
Keywords: pineapple dole whip, what is dole whip, dole whip recipe, dole whip disney