I love ice cream!!! Mint chocolate chip is my favorite and this recipe will knock your socks off! I use mint instead of peppermint as it should be!
It is loaded with chopped Ghirardelli chips that melt in your mouth! It can be served in a pretty bowl, on a sugar cone, or between two cookies like an ice cream sandwich! Perhaps you are addicted and you just want to eat it right out of the container like me!
Life is short! Have a little piece of heaven in your chaotic world! Enjoy every lick!Print
Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- 2 cups half n half
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mint extract
- 4–5 drops green food coloring
- 2 cups chopped Ghirardelli semi sweet chocolate
- Mix all ingredients except chocolate in large bowl.
- Add to ice cream maker and process according to manufacturers instructions.
- Halfway through the churning process add the chocolate.
- Freeze until desired consistency.
- You can use either chocolate chips or a chocolate bar.