Fresh Peach Salsa takes fresh peaches, sweet tomatoes and spicy jalapenos to a whole new taste tantalizing level. Enjoy it on crisp tortilla chips, on Chicken Tacos and over fresh grilled fish or Grilled Marinated Chicken.
Tree ripened peaches are in and boy are they tasting yummy! Gone are the days when the peaches are picked and hauled to the market still green. Now we have fresh peaches that have been allowed to fully ripen on the tree. This easy Peach Salsa comes together so quickly. I like to chop the veggies for this salsa by hand as opposed to running them through the food processor but it goes very quickly. Ripe peaches can be slightly soft and they really do better sliced by hand. I don’t mind at all as I think slicing and dicing fruits and vegetables is therapeutic. It gives me a chance to reflect on the day.
How do you make Peach Salsa?
Simply dice your peaches (peeled or unpeeled), red onion, tomatoes, jalapenos and cilantro real fine. Combine in a small bowl and stir in the lime juice. Add salt and pepper to taste. If it is a little tart for your taste add a couple of pinches of sugar. For best results refrigerate for a couple hours up to overnight. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two days.
Helpful tips for making Peach Salsa
- For optimal flavor choose fresh tree ripened peaches as they are the star of the show.
- Use fresh squeezed lime juice and squeeze a little on the peaches while you are dicing them. It will help keep your peaches from turning brown will you cut them.
- If you have fresh garden tomatoes or access to them by all means use them. I used grape tomatoes because they were the most flavorful and colorful tomatoes available at the time.
- Dice and mince your peaches, vegetables and cilantro quite fine as you want the mixture to fit on your chip or top your chicken.
- Store in an airtight container up to two days.
More Tex Mex recipes you will love!
- Corn Salad with Easy Lime Vinaigrette
- Fresh Black Bean and Corn Salad (Relish)
- Barbacoa Tacos
- Doritos Taco Salad
- Queso Blanco Recipe
Fresh Peach Salsa
- This ten minute Fresh Peach Salsa takes fresh peaches, sweet tomatoes and spicy jalapenos to a whole new taste tantalizing level.
- Prep Time: 10
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: appetizer
- Method: other
- Cuisine: Southern
- 3 large peaches peeled and diced
- 1 large tomato diced
- 1/4 cup red onion finely chopped
- 1 small jalapeno finely minced (remove the seeds and pith to reduce the heat)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 lime juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
Combine peaches, tomato, red onion, jalapeno, cilantro and lime in a bowl. Stir gently to combine. Salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate for 2 hours prior to serving. Refrigerate leftovers.
- This is a small batch recipe.
- Peach salsa is best used within 48 hours.
Keywords: peach salsa, salsa, appetizer, party food, tex mex