Slow Cooker Pot Roast Recipe is an easy beef roast recipe that even the novice chef can handle. The easy to make gravy mixes right in the crock after the vegetables and beef are done.
Summer is almost here in full force. The day’s temperatures are creeping into the nineties and lawn is needing a sprinkle here and there. My hubby calls me the air conditioning gypsy so I am well aware of the heat that summer brings. I love to break out my crock pot during the summer months. It really helps keep the heat down when you don’t have to turn on the stove. It is a great advantage when you feel that grilling is just not a option.
What is Slow Cooker Pot Roast?
Slow Cooker Pot Roast and Vegetables are tender flavorful slow cooked chuck roast, carrots and onions smothered with creamy beef gravy seasoned to perfection. It is such great comfort food and close to heavenly when served over creamy homemade mashed potatoes. It takes just a few minutes to throw in the crock pot. You can come home to the most fabulous mouth watering smells and the finishing step is so quick and easy.
How do you cook it?
A Pot Roast Recipe is so easy to cook and one of my families favorite meals. It is pretty much a dump and go recipe of beef, vegetables, herbs and spices that are slow cooked in the crock pot or in a dutch oven. When it is finished cooking you can use the juices to make a simple gravy. You can add everything at once or if you don’t want your vegetables quite that soft add them 1 1/2 -2 hours before the roast is complete.
What is a dutch oven?
A dutch oven is a large heavy pot with a lid that is suitable for the both the top of the stove and inside the oven. So you simply brown your roast right in the pan on the top of the stove, add all your goodies and put the lid on and pop it in the oven. It is amazing for anything slow cooked; brisket, ribs, chuck roast, pork roast and even soup and chili. The dutch oven is inexpensive and works like a charm.
This Crock Pot Roast Recipe is the ultimate weeknight meal providing the family with a much needed delicious meal after a long day at work or school. In a hurry scrap the mashed potatoes and make it super simple by throwing in chunks of potatoes with the carrots and onions.
Got big eaters? You can easily increase the size of the chuck roast to 3 lbs and throw in another onion and a couple more carrots. You will not need to change any other part of the recipe.
Is the heat moving in yet? If not it will be soon and you can give this simple, fabulously tasty Chuck Roast Crock Pot Recipe a whirl!
Other crock pot recipes you will love!
- Crock Pot Pork and Noodles
- Crock Pot Beef Stew for Two
- Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken Tacos
- Crock Pot Pulled Chicken
- Crock Pot Lasagna
- Crock Pot Cowboy Beans
This post was originally published May 16, 2017 and was republished June 24, 2019 with new content.
Slow Cooker Pot Roast Recipe
Crock Pot Roast and Vegetables is tender flavorful slow cooked chuck roast, carrots and onions smothered with creamy beef gravy perfectly seasoned.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Total Time: 6 hours 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: main meal beef
- Method: slow cooker
- Cuisine: American
- Salt & pepper
- 1–2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2–3 lb chuck roast
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can low sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1–2 onions quartered
- 3–4 large carrots cut in thirds
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- Optional: Mashed potatoes or cooked egg noodles.
- Salt & pepper both sides of the chuck roast. In large skillet heat olive oil over medium heat. Add chuck roast and brown on both side. Remove and place in crock pot. Add beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, parsley, oregano, onion powder, onions and carrots. Cook on high for 1 1/2 hours and low for an additional 4-5 hours.
- Remove chuck roast and vegetables and place on cutting board. Cover loosely with aluminum foil. Turn crock pot to high. Melt butter and whisk in flour. Slowly whisk butter/flour mixture (a little at a time) into the liquid in the crock pot. When fully whisked in cover and let cook for 10 minutes. Slice or separate chuck roast with fork. Serve with vegetables and gravy.
- Optional; Serve over mashed potatoes or egg noodles.
Some of the readers have responded that they like to add the onions and carrots after a couple of hours so they are not as soft.
Keywords: slow cooker pot roast, crock pot pot roast, pot roast and vegetables, comfort food dinner, beef roast