I just love green beans. They are so versatile. There are just so many great things you can do with them when it comes to recipes. They are relatively inexpensive and are a rich source of vitamins A, C, and K, and of folic acid and fiber. Did you know that green beans provides 1.42 grams of protein? So how could you resist these delectable Green Beans with Toasted Almonds and Garlic?
Have you tried any of my other green bean recipes? Easy Southern Style Green Beans, Pan Fried Potatoes and Green Beans and Chicken Green Bean Stuffing Casserole are just a few reader and family favorites. Seriously folks I can not think of a more versatile vegetable…well two that come close are corn and broccoli but that is a whole different subject for a whole different day.
Green Beans with Toasted Almonds and Garlic combines french style green beans, toasted almonds, fresh minced garlic and fresh lemon juice into an amazing accompaniment for chicken, fish, beef or pork. The green beans can be blanched ahead of time and you can even toast the almonds in advance. This gorgeous side dish comes together so quickly.
So if your family loves green beans the way mine does put these Green Beans with Toasted Almonds and Garlic on your to cook list. They will love them and you can have your moment of glory!!
Green Beans with Toasted Almonds and Garlic
- 1 lb french style green beans
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In large pot of boiling water blanch green beans for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat, drain and flush with cold water. Drain well and dry with paper towels.
- In large skillet over medium low heat combine 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil. When hot add sliced almonds and cook until fragrant and lightly browned; approximately 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and plate.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil in same skillet over medium low heat. Add beans and cook for 5-7 minutes tossing frequently. Add garlic and cook for additional 1 minute. Add lemon juice and cook for additional 1 minute. Add almonds back to pan and stir to combine or place beans on platter and top with almonds.
Other recipes you will love!