This delicious Tuna Pasta Salad combines tuna, sweet peas, crisp celery, red onion, dill pickle relish, dried dill weed and creamy mayo into a tasty easy lunch, side or light supper.
This super easy salad comes together in about fifteen minutes and is perfect for potlucks, family reunions and pool parties. This salad, Easy Taco Pasta Salad, Tortellini Pasta Salad (Vegetarian) and Easy Italian Pasta Salad are some of my favorites to serve for lunch during the hot summer months.
My family and friends just rave about how delectable and simple it it. I love how easy it is on the pocket book. My family prefers it served chilled but you can enjoy as soon as it is mixed as well. If you don’t like peas try a little finely diced red or green bell pepper. As I always says don’t throw the baby out with the bath water.
How do you make Tuna Pasta Salad?
First boil the pasta according to package instructions. Do not over cook the pasta as you want it slightly firm so it stays together when stirred with the other ingredients.
Next chop the celery and the red onion. Then combine the tuna, peas, pickle relish, celery, red onions, dill weed and mayonnaise. Now stir gently to combine. For best results chill for several hours. Finally gently stir before serving and sprinkle lightly with dill.
Helpful recipe tips
- Any medium pasta will work for this recipe like rotini, bowtie, radiatore, or mini penne.
- Don’t overcook the pasta. It should be cooked slightly firm so it does not break apart when tossed with the mayonnaise.
- For best results use canned albacore tuna packed in water.
- Green onions can be substituted for the red onions and finely diced red or green bell peppers can be substituted for the sweet peas.
- This dish can be prepared up to a day in advance and stored covered in the refrigerator until ready to serve. You may need to add a little mayonnaise, sour cream or pickle relish to moisten it up.
Tuna Pasta Salad
A quick and easy pasta salad with albacore tuna, sweet peas, crisp celery and red onion in creamy mayo with dill pickle relish.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: pasta salad
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: Southern
- 12 ounces small shell pasta
- 10 ounces canned albacore white tuna packed in water drained
- 1 cup frozen baby peas defrosted
- 1/2 cup dill pickle relish
- 2 ribs celery chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain well.
- Combine the tuna, peas, pickle relish, celery, red onions, dill weed and mayonnaise. Stir gently to combine. Chill for 1-2 hours. Gently stir before serving and sprinkle lightly with dill.
Keywords: cold tuna pasta salad, tuna and pasta salad, tuna pea pasta salad