This Almond Caramel Popcorn is a must try! It is so full of fresh caramel flavor that you will never buy that boxed stuff again. Forget that stuff that you get in the big tin at Christmas time. This stuff will make a caramel lover out of you! Fresh popcorn and almond slivers drizzled with fresh caramel are definitely the bomb diggety.
You would think that this recipe is so much more difficult that it really is. I start off with microwave popcorn which puts this recipe right in the easy category. Nothing difficult about this. You whip up the caramel in about 5 minutes on the stove top. Stir it all! You can use a big bowl if you like. Place it in the stove for 1 hour flipping it over about every 12-15 minutes!
Unbelievably delectably delicious is how I would describe this. Good luck not eating all of it in one sitting!
Almond Caramel Popcorn
- 2 bags microwave popcorn (bags have approximately 4.5 cups of popped corn each)
- 1 (2 ounce) bag slivered almonds (approximately 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Pop corn according to instructions on bag. Place popcorn and almonds on two cookies sprayed with nonstick spray and place in oven for 5-10 minutes while you prepare the caramel.
- In large saucepan over medium heat add brown sugar, corn syrup and butter over medium low heat. Bring to a low boil stirring constantly. Continue boiling over low heat without stirring for 4 minutes. Remove from heat and add baking soda and vanilla. Drizzle over popcorn and nuts turning to coat.
- Place back in oven at 250 degrees for one hour. Stirring every 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven, allow to cool and separate any pieces that are stuck together.
I use Orville Redenbachers Naturals Simply Salted.
Mini Peach Caramel Crumb Cheesecakes