Delectable Chicken Quesadillas with Ranch and Bacon are an easy meal that comes together quickly using rotisserie chicken and bottled ranch dressing. No special equipment is required. Just cook it up in a skillet.
I love to serve this on a busy weeknight or for a quick and easy yet filling weekend lunch. This recipe calls for six ingredients and one of them is rotisserie chicken. These delicious roasted chickens are available in most grocery stores and warehouse stores. I buy mine from Costco. Have you tried any of my other rotisserie chicken recipes? Chicken a la King, Easy Chicken Tostadas, Chicken Noodle Soup, and this recipe are just a few of our favorites.
The flavors of chicken, bacon, ranch and cheese meld together in this recipe like a fine tuned instrument. You can split one in half and pair it up with a nice green garden salad or a warm bowl of vegetable soup.
How do you make Chicken Bacon Ranch Quesadillas?
This delectable recipe makes two eight inch quesadillas. First spread a couple of tablespoons of ranch dressing over two tortillas. Top each tortilla with half of the chicken, half of the bacon and half of the shredded Colby Jack cheese and queso quesadilla. Now top each one with another tortilla. Melt a little butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Using as extra wide spatula add one of the prepared quesadillas. Cover the pan loosely with aluminum foil and cook until the bottom is lightly browned. Flip and cook until the other side is lightly browned. Add a little more butter to the skillet and repeat with the second quesadilla.
Likewise you can add the first tortilla to the heated skillet and then add half of the goodies and top with the second tortilla. Cover loosely with aluminum foil and cook until the bottom is light browned. Then flip and cook until the other side is browned. Repeat the procedure for the second quesadilla.
Can you substitute other types of cooked chicken in this quesadilla?
I know that not everyone has access to rotisserie chickens. Maybe you live a little far away from the city like me or maybe you just can’t use a whole rotisserie chicken. You can use grilled chicken, baked chicken, poached chicken and even canned chicken.
Can you freeze Chicken Quesadillas?
Freeze cooked Chicken Quesadillas wrapped in individual proportions. First wrap in plastic wrap and then place in freezer zip bags. To warm up thaw overnight in the refrigerator and reheat at a reduced power in the microwave or pop back in the skillet over low heat for a little more crispiness.
Look at the beauty of that Chicken Quesadilla. You can almost taste it , can’t you? What are you waiting for. Add the ingredients to your shopping list today. I hope you enjoy this as much we do.
What is the best cheese to use for quesadillas?
Think Mexican melting cheese for the best quesadillas. I like to use shredded Monterey Jack, Colby Jack, cheddar, queso quesadilla or Asadero Cheese. All of these are great melting cheeses with mild flavors. Any combination of these cheeses is great and will produce the most flavor.
This post was originally published Sept 28, 2016 and was republished January 24, 2021 with new content.Print
Chicken Quesadilla with Ranch and Bacon
Rotisserie chicken, bacon, ranch and Colby Jack come together to make an incredibly tasty and easy Chicken Quesadilla! They are perfect for those busy weeknight meals.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 5
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 2 quesadillas 1x
- Category: main meal
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: American
- 4 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- 1 cup COOKED rotisserie chicken cut in small bite size pieces
- 4 slices crispy cooked bacon chopped
- 2/3 cup shredded colby jack
- 2/3 cup shredded queso quesadilla
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Spread 2 tablespoons ranch dressing over 2 tortillas. Top each with half of the chicken, half of the bacon and half of the cheeses. Top each with another tortilla.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add one quesadilla and cook until the bottom is lightly browned. Flip and cook until the other side is lightly browned. Add second tablespoon of butter to skillet and repeat with second quesadilla.
- Likewise you can add the first tortilla to the heated skillet and then add half the ingredients and top with the second tortilla. Cover loosely with aluminum foil and cook until the bottom is light browned. Then flip and cook until the other side is browned. Repeat the procedure for the second quesadilla.
Keywords: how to make quesadillas, how to make chicken quesadillas, homemade quesadilla