The Chocolate Martini is a delectable easy six ingredient cocktail made in less than three minutes. This chocolate lovers martini is perfect for Easter, birthday celebrations, bridal showers or just because you and your significant other want to sip on something marvelous!
Do you like a good martini? I love martinis and hubby adores chocolate so these are one of our favorites. I like mine “Shaken, not stirred.” Do you remember that line from the James Bond movies? I just looked it up on YouTube. I just love watching old clips like that. This delectable martini is a chocolate lovers dream come true. I had forgotten how much I love these. These are most certainly going to be on our Easter menu.
How do you make a Chocolate Martini?
First grate some chocolate and place it on a plate with a little bit of depth. Put a little bit of chocolate syrup on the tip of your finger and run the rim of the glass. Turn the glass upside down and run the rim gently in the grated chocolate. Keep turning and tilting till you get a nice rim of chocolate around the glass.
Then simply put some ice in a martini shaker, then add the chocolate liquor, creme de cocoa, vodka and half & half. Place the strainer and the cover for the strainer on the shaker and give it a few gentle shakes. Right before you pour the cocktail swirl a little chocolate sauce into the glass. Promptly take the top off the strainer and pour the cocktail into the prepared glass. The chilled martini will help keep the chocolate syrup from spreading too much.
Helpful tips for making this Chocolate Martini
- Refrigerate the chocolate syrup before preparing the cocktail. Just a small amount of chocolate syrup at a time on the tip of your finger works best for preparing the glass for rimming. If necessary put another small amount on the tip of your finger and finish working it around.
- Use a box grater to grate the chocolate. Do it right on the plate that you will rim the glasses on.
- Use good quality vodka. It really makes a difference. The market is plentiful with great selections.
- If you don’t have a cocktail shaker don’t worry. You can use a clean jar, sports bottle or even a protein shaker.
- As with any cocktail adjust it to your taste. You might want less vodka and more chocolate liquor.
Other chocolate recipes you will love!
- Black Forest Mini Cheesecakes
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Quick and Easy Chocolate Cherry Cake
- The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
The Chocolate Martini is a delectable easy seven ingredient cocktail made in less than three minutes. This chocolate lovers martini is perfect for Easter, birthday celebrations and bridal showers.
- Prep Time: 3
- Total Time: 3
- Yield: 1 martini 1x
- Category: cocktails
- Method: shaker
- Cuisine: American
- 1 tablespoon grated chocolate
- 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup
- 2 ounces chocolate liqueur
- 1 ounce Creme de Cacao
- 1 ounce vodka
- 1 ounce half & half
- Place grated chocolate on a plate. Put a small amount of chocolate syrup on the tip of your finger and run the rim of the martini glass. Turn the glass upside down and run the rim gently through the grated chocolate.
- Fill the martini shaker halfway with ice. Add the chocolate liqueur, Creme do Cacao, vodka and half & half. Cover the martini shaker and gently shake.
- Swirl the remaining chocolate syrup in the glass. Pour the martini into the prepared glass. Serve immediately.
Keywords: ultimate chocolate martini recipe, how to make a chocolate martini, chocolate martini ingredients