Christmas Bark is a scrumptious holiday treat that you can prepare in a matter of minutes. It makes for a quick last minute gift for family, neighbors, friends and co-workers. They are easily altered and you might even have some of the ingredients in your pantry right now.
Are you enjoying the hustle and bustle of the holidays? Boy they really speed by fast, don’t they? It seems like Halloween was just last week and now Christmas is just a couple of weeks away! Now you have twenty things to do in ten minutes and you are trying to prepare an awesome holiday for your family, This Christmas bark is right up your busy alley. You can easily melt the chocolate chips in the microwave making for quick cleanup. The bark sets fast and is easily modified to what you have on hand. Please see below for add ins to Christmas bark.
How do you make Christmas Bark?
First cover a baking sheet with wax paper or aluminum foil. Place your chocolate along with 1 tablespoons of coconut oil or shortening in a microwaveable bowl. Microwave for 1 minute at 50% power and stir until the bowl no longer feels warm. Continue microwaving at 45 second intervals 50% power stirring between each interval until the chocolate is melted. White chocolate takes a little more patience and it is recommended that you use premium white chocolate melting wafers. If they are not available use the Ghiradelli white chocolate chips. Pour the melted chocolate on the covered and tilt to get the chocolate to spread.
Quickly add your candies, pretzels, nuts, and sprinkles. The chocolate sets relatively fast so you want to have everything ready to go. Allow it to set for several hours in the coolest part of the kitchen. Break it up into pieces and store in an airtight container at room temperature.
What are good add ins for Christmas Bark?
- Pretzels such as snaps, minis and sticks
- Christmas colored M&M’s
- Different nuts such as peanuts, sliced almonds, chopped pecans and chopped walnuts
- Crushed candy canes or peppermints
- Christmas sprinkles of any kind
- Mini marshmallows
- Chopped candy pieces such as Reese’s pieces, Heath Bars, Twix Bars, or Andes Mints
- Oreo cookies
How long does Christmas bark last?
About ten minutes because you won’t be able to keep your hands off of it! Just kidding. Store the bark in an airtight container in the coolest section of the kitchen. If using pretzels, cookies or marshmallows the storage life is about one week because these foods could potentially go stale. If sticking with candy, nuts and sprinkles it will last about two weeks.
Other holiday candy you will love!Print
Christmas Bark is a scrumptious holiday treat that you can prepare in a matter of minutes. It makes for a quick last minute gift for family, neighbors, friends and co-workers.
- Prep Time: 5
- Total Time: 5
- Yield: 24
- Category: candy
- Method: microwave
- Cuisine: American
- 1 (10-11) ounce bag semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (10-11) ounce bag white chocolate melting wafers or white chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or shortening
- Small amounts of assorted toppings; pretzels, nuts, chopped candy, chopped cookies, sprinkles
- Add semi sweet chocolate chips and 1 tablespoons coconut oil or shortening to microwaveable bowl. Microwave for 1 minute at 50% power and stir until the bowl no longer feels warm. Continue microwaving at 45 second intervals 50% power stirring between each interval until the chocolate is melted. Pour chocolate on to wax covered cookie sheet. Tilt the cookie sheet to get the chocolate to spread. Top with desired pretzels, nuts, chopped candy, chopped cookies, sprinkles etc. Set aside for 2-3 hours until firm. Break into pieces.
- Repeat with white chocolate and 1 tablespoons coconut oil or shortening.
Keywords: Christmas candy, chocolate bark, bark, candy, chocolate candy bark