Million Dollar Dip takes less than ten minutes to make and it is a taste explosion with crisp bacon bits, slivered almonds, sharp cheddar, and green onions. It is always a hot commodity and one of the first appetizers to go. This AMAZING dip can be prepared a day in advance making it ideal for the busy host or hostess. Make a quick batch for game day or movie night.
How to make Million Dollar Dip
Simply add the mayonnaise, shredded cheddar, slivered almonds, green onions, crisp bacon, fresh ground black pepper, and garlic powder to a large bowl and stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to let the flavors meld.
What to serve with Million Dollar Dip
- Buttery Crackers
- Thick Kettle Potato Chips
- Pretzel Chips
- Carrot Sticks
- Celery Sticks
- Pita Chips
Can Million Dollar Dip be prepared in advance?
As a matter of fact this dip tastes better when the flavors have time to co-mingle. So prepare this dip up to 24 hours in advance. Store in an airtight container in the fridge. Remove from the fridge about 30 minutes prior to serving to make it easier to spread on crackers or scoop on chips.
Recipe notes and helpful tips
- My favorite mayo for this dip is Dukes. I really think it seals the deal on this recipe.
- Cook the bacon real crispy and finely chop it.
- Slice the green onion thin using a really sharp knife and a keen eye.
- Use the large grate side of a box grater but don’t go down the whole side. The shreds will be too long so simply go down half the side.
- If you like everything with an extra pop of flavor try adding a little cayenne pepper, seasoned salt, or Cajun seasoning. Start with a very small amount and add in little increments tasting each time.
- This dip should not sit out for more than 2 hours at room temperature so plan accordingly. Or serve over a bowl of water with crushed ice in it making sure that the water does not get in the dip.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- I do not recommend freezing this dip.
How to cook bacon in the oven
This recipe calls for crisp bacon. The easiest and the most consistent place to cook bacon is in the oven. Cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Then lay the bacon in a single layer on the paper. Place in a preheated 375 degree oven for about 15-18 minutes or until your desired crispiness. Then remove the bacon from the cookie sheet and place on paper towels to drain.
More dip recipes you will love!
Million Dollar Dip
This quick and easy Million Dollar Dip is a friend and family party favorite with crisp bacon, sharp cheddar, almond slivers, and green onions. Serve with buttery crackers, tortilla chips, bagel chips, carrot sticks, or celery sticks.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 10 servings 1x
- Category: appetizer
- Method: bowl and spoon
- Cuisine: American
- 1 ½ cups mayonnaise
- 1 ¼ cups shredded sharp cheddar
- ⅔ cup slivered almonds
- 4 green onions finely sliced
- 8 slices bacon cooked crispy and finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Add the mayonnaise, shredded cheddar, slivered almonds, green onions, bacon, fresh ground black pepper, and garlic powder to a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to let the flavors meld.
Keywords: Neiman Marcus dip, Neiman Marcus million dollar dip, how to make million dollar dip