This Mini Quiche recipe is a cinch to put together using mini fillo shells and vegetables, meats and cheeses that are probably already in your fridge. I like to serve them as appetizers along with Quick and Creamy Crab Stuffed Mushrooms and Cream Cheese Wontons with Chicken and Pepper Jack.
Well the entertainment season is just about here. There are football parties, shindigs, soirees, holiday parties and don’t forget all those bridal and baby showers. These delectable Mini Quiche are made super easy by picking up precooked fillo shells found in the freezer section of your local grocery store. Most of the ingredients I use come straight from my fridge because the quantities are so incredibly small. All you really need is a tablespoon of this and a tablespoon of that.
How do you make Mini Quiche?
First chop a variety of small quantities of veggies like broccoli, mushrooms, spinach and green onions. Chop them very fine! All you will need is one broccoli floret, one mushroom, a teeny tiny bit of spinach and one green onion. Now chop a little bit of deli ham (we usually have ham for the kids lunches) and one piece of cooked crispy bacon. Chop them real fine. Next finely shred just a little bit of cheese. I used Swiss and cheddar because they go well with my other ingredients. Keep in mind you will need less than one quarter cup shredded cheese. Now add a pinch of broccoli, spinach and cheddar to ten of the fillo shells, add a pinch of ham, mushrooms and Swiss cheese to ten of the fillo shells, and finally add the crispy chopped bacon, green onion and cheddar cheese to the remaining fillo shells.
Now in a medium bowl whisk together the eggs, cream, salt and pepper. Using a teaspoon spoon the egg mixture over the goodies in the shell. You can fill them up just short of the top. Bake for about fifteen minutes or until set and lightly browned. Let cool for a few minutes then using a table knife slide down the edge of the Mini Quiche to help grasp them to remove them from the pan.
Helpful tips for making Mini Quiche
- Fillo shells can be found in the freezer section of most finer grocery stores.
- These should not be assembled in advance because the moisture from the veggies, meat, cheese and eggs will start to break down the shells. However they are easy enough to assemble that even older children can help.
- When I say chop everything very fine I mean really super crazy fine.
- The amount of each ingredient added to the quiche is very small so look around your fridge and see what you keep on hand.
- Other add ins for Mini Quiche might include red or green pepper, onions, tomatoes, asparagus cooked sausage, gouda, gruyere or Monterey Jack.
Other party appetizers you will love!
- Pepperoni Bacon Ham and Monterey Jack Pinwheels
- Jalapeno Popper Cheese Ball Recipe
- Coconut Shrimp with Sweet Chili Sauce
- Crockpot Little Smokies
This easy mini quiche recipe comes together quickly using mini fillo shells and an assortment of simple ingredients that you may have on hand.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 30 1x
- Category: appetizer
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: French
- 2 boxes (15 count) mini fillo shells
- 1 small broccoli floret finely chopped
- 5–6 baby spinach leaves finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cheddar finely shredded
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped ham
- 1 mushroom finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Swiss Cheese finely shredded
- 1 slice crispy cooked bacon finely chopped
- 1 green onion finely chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray mini muffin pans with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add a pinch of broccoli, spinach and cheddar to 10 fillo shells. Add a pinch of ham, mushrooms and Swiss cheese to 10 fillo shells. Add a pinch of bacon, green onion and cheddar cheese to the remaining fillo shells.
- In a medium whisk together eggs, cream, salt and pepper. Using a teaspoon spoon the egg mixture over the ingredients in the shell. Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until set and lightly browned.
Keywords: mini quiche, mini quiche recipe, mini breakfast quiche, mini egg quiche, quiche, party appetizer, appetizer